1.    #1  
    I use Install Tool to install applications on my Treo...

Is this the best tool to use for this?

If not what?

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    It works, doesn't it?
    i beam all my apps to my treo via IR. that way if there is any unstable behavior the latest added app is not in my backup folder. i only hotsync once i have a stable setup (while adding new apps) or when i add new appt., todos or contacts.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I use a program called GoSync and I setup the conduits to do what I want. I have one that disables all but install. This way there is no backup process. But, generally, I perform a backup with BackupBuddy and BackupMan before I install something new.
    I usually back up as well, then send the file by bluetooth transfer.
    bluetooth is the best way for me too
    What I hate with installing from the desktop (apart from leaving registry garbage) - is that some software really doesn't do (doesn't need) anything from the desktop except it wants to phone home. I don't want it to jam up my already slow internet connection on my PC/Laptop and I don't want software on my machine to phone home everytime I reboot.

So, I normally just find the PDB file and copy it to the machine.
    I use a USB card reader for transfering apps to my SD card. With Zlauncher it's easy to launch apps directly from it.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I use a couple of options. If I am comfortable that the program will not do too much harm, based on the learned opinions of the other users here and their experiences, I use Pilot Install (http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=7146) There are a couple of threads on this blog that talk about how to get it to work properly without knocking out your hotsync conduits.

If I want to just drop a program on to my PDA I use Card Export (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/) to see my SD card as though it were a flash drive and simply drop the program into the launcher folder and give it a shot.