1.    #1  
    At least PCMag writer Tim Bajarin thinks so from this recent article...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2C28...35072%2C00.asp

It was introduced back in March 2007... way before the eeePC saw the light of day. It's Linux. 10-inch display. Full keyboard. Wifi. Bluetooth. Opera browser. Documents managers. INSTANT ON. 2.5 lbs.

The Foleo was the reason why i got into the Netbook category of devices. I still believe Jeff Hawkins deserves credit here.

Let the debate begin!!
    I still think the genius of the Foleo (besides the excellent ergonomics) is in the tethering to the smartphone. I carry daily an Eee PC as well as my Treo and it would be nice having that connectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    I still think the genius of the Foleo (besides the excellent ergonomics) is in the tethering to the smartphone. I carry daily an Eee PC as well as my Treo and it would be nice having that connectivity.
    That's why, for me, the Redfly is such a cool device. Instant on, connected to my phone, and I can store files on the phone for those occasions when I don't have the Redfly.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Sorry but I think the link from PCMag is dead. Tried opening it in IE and Mozilla and still no go.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Yeah, it didn't work for me--I went to PCMag's main site and found it. Here's the link:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2335072,00.asp

I think the Redfly is a neat idea. I like that the Foleo was a usable computer on its own--though I would have preferred a little more functionality (like the ability to watch video).
    "The problem was, the $499 Foleo was actually quite underpowered compared with the Atom-based netbooks on the market today—and more expensive. The decision to kill it made sense..."

I say the problem was that without a Treo, the Foleo did next to nothing. A netbook needs to stand alone. Hawkins was on track with the format, but not the functionality.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have played with the original EEE PC w/7" screen (way too small), the EEE PC 901 (still too small) and now the MSI Wind w/10" screen which, although smaller than my Thinkpad X41, is thicker too. Compared to the x41, the only benefit is a webcam. The x41 has a bigger screen and keyboard and is slimmer. Abt the same battery life. And I hear you can get the x41 for cheap now too.

Since I already have an X41, that is what I am sticking with. Just reformatted the machine and ordered a new battery. Should be just like new. Weighs 3 lbs with extended battery. For me, the Folio or Redfly (if I were using a WM device) looks more appealing than a netbook since I already have the x41.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    In March 07 the Foleo was only an announcement. It was no more an available netbook then than the OLPC was at that same time. Five months later and Palm cancels the Foleo program while the first Eee PCs begin making their debut (according to Jonney Shih, Asus CEO, the Eee PC was in response to the OLPC, only for grownups). Foleo was a blip on the tech radar. It was neither ground-breaking nor earth-shattering. It was a poorly conceived idea that had a market segment probably measured in the hundreds. Asus is the company that truly figured out the market as the hundreds of Eee PC copycat models released since Aug 07 prove.