1.    #1  

It could look like this, don't know how the real ver will look like though.
    Cool visualization. Here's a prototype from OLO, as seen on Engadget Mobile:
    holy shoot! thats pretty neat!

it makes Steve Jobs a big copy cat of Jeff Hawkins though if he does any type of "companion" device.

I don't think Jobs will like owing it to JH.
    At his recent Notebook Release, Jobs said the following about netbooks: "Netbooks are a nascent market," Jobs says: "We'll see how it goes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    At his recent Notebook Release, Jobs said the following about netbooks: "Netbooks are a nascent market," Jobs says: "We'll see how it goes."
    Yeah, those 4M eeePCs sold and MSI upgrading its 2008 estimates of Wind sales from .5M to .7M, not to mention the top 5 laptops on Amazon, sure sounds like a "nascent" market. HD-based MP3 players were a nascent market when the iPod was unleashed, so it's hard to see what the reticence behind entering the netbook market would be, other than Apple's characteristic "not invented here" syndrome.

Or more likely, an under-$1K PowerNetBook would cannibalize whatever demand is left for the MBA.

So I'm left with this dilemma: Should I go with the MSI Wind or the HP1000 Mini-Note for my next Hackintosh?
    Dumb question I know, but what does Jobs think the MB Air is, if not a Mac version of the netbook? It's overpriced sure, but still it meets the qualifications IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Dumb question I know, but what does Jobs think the MB Air is, if not a Mac version of the netbook? It's overpriced sure, but still it meets the qualifications IMO.
    Thinness aside, the MBA's footprint is too large at almost 12.8" x 8.9". The Acer Aspire, not the smallest netbook, is 9.8" x 6.7". While there's no "official" spec for netbooks, I've noticed the tendency on mobile sites to refer to laptops under 10" in width (usually with a max resolution of 1024 x 600) as netbooks, rarely using that term for anything larger. Netbooks have the same dimensions and heft (~2 lbs.) as a typical hardcover book. The MBA is about 30% larger and 50% heavier.

More importantly, if the public, after seeing the MBA, has to ask Jobs when Apple's going to release a netbook, and Jobs didn't cite the MBA as a netbook, then for all intents and purposes, it's not a netbook. Sony and Lenovo, on the other hand, do make overpriced netbooks.
    It looked puny to me, LOL! And quite underpowered for the price, at least the last model. I actually thought it was Apple's attempt at a netbook. They even offer a flash drive option. And still no slot drive.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Or more likely, an under-$1K PowerNetBook would cannibalize whatever demand is left for the MBA.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    So I'm left with this dilemma: Should I go with the MSI Wind or the HP1000 Mini-Note for my next Hackintosh?
    I'm looking closely at both of those now too. On paper, I like the MSI the best. HP brings it's own reputation (some good / some bad). I've not seen either in the flesh, not that I'd need to before purchasing at that price.