1.    #1  
    I would call this sexier than the Macbook Air. Its a great package of course with a high price too. from $2095-$4395.

Specs:
    * 11in, 1,366 x 768 LED-backlit screen
    * Intel Core 2 Duo U9300 (low voltage, 1.2GHz, 3MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)
    * 2GB DDR3 800MHz RAM (up to 4GB max)
    * 160GB hard drive
    * Intel GS45 chipset with GMA 4500MHD graphics
    * Built-in DVD-drive (BLU-RAY optional
    * HDMI, VGA, 2 USB ports
    * Ethernet, Draft-N wireless, Bluetooth

If i had the money for a laptop, i would surely get this.

I must say Apple's luster in notebooks is starting to fade with their notebooks growing popularity. Its no longer a status symbol like before.

I hadn't heard about this, but I'm very interested. My TX should be back from Sony's repair center, tomorrow. . .

Anyway, I hope they listened to their users and fixed the issues they've had with the ultraportable line. It's got too much potential to continue to be plagued by lonnnng reboot times, "bloatware," and such small harddrives.

I'm at least two generations behind, though, so these may be things of the past... for new converts, anyway. I hope this new model is a home-run.

It's nice to have so many options in an ultraportable - including an optical drive. I'm surprised that list didn't include a battery life estimate.

EDIT: Their site doesn't mention this as a released product. What's your source?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I think Sony's laptops are pretty (I owned one about 5 years ago), but the crazy prices don't justify what you get.
    I hear ya. That's often how it goes when you get so many amenities in an ultraportable laptop.

I tend to keep ana eye open for big sales, which is how I got an amazing deal on this one.

The convenience and battery life are incredibly tempting.
    Dayum. Apparently the o.p. was right: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665511248

Apparently that sucker has a built-in webcam, comes with noise-canceling headphones and can play Blu-Ray discs.
    Very nice, but I can get both a gaming PC laptop and a MacBook Pro for that. Of course they aren't ultra-portable, but 2 full desktop replacements or one small laptop at that price is a no-brainer for me. Of course if you can spare the cash...

Maybe at $2500, but $4345(plus tax since Sony has a store in IL) is too rich for my blood! It must be the 256GB solid state drive raising the price so high, huh?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It must be the 256GB solid state drive raising the price so high, huh?
    Yep, the 64Gb versions go for around $1000 so would expect the 256Gb to cost somewhere around $4000!!!
    Very nice, but I can get both a gaming PC laptop and a MacBook Pro for that. Of course they aren't ultra-portable, but 2 full desktop replacements or one small laptop at that price is a no-brainer for me. Of course if you can spare the cash...

Maybe at $2500, but $4345(plus tax since Sony has a store in IL) is too rich for my blood! It must be the 256GB solid state drive raising the price so high, huh?
    It's expensive. No argument there. I was just digging the specs. I look forward to these types of devices "trickling down" to a more accessible price-point.

Although, customer service is so terrible across-the-board it makes me wanna give up on my beloved gadgets altogether... almost.

Anyway, I saw that HP updated their 12-inch tablet model so I'll be keeping a closer eye on that. I doubt the battery life will be as FANTASTIC as that of Sony's ultraportables, but I've seen how convenient tablet functionality can be for taking notes in class.
    I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to argue, I just meant that I couldn't buy it for myself at that price.

There's some Apple rumors that an $800 sub-notebook will be introduced Tuesday(Apple announced another gathering focused on laptops). I wonder if it's true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to argue, I just meant that I couldn't buy it for myself at that price.

There's some Apple rumors that an $800 sub-notebook will be introduced Tuesday(Apple announced another gathering focused on laptops). I wonder if it's true.
    If so, I hope it, like all/most of their notebooks, has Bluetooth tech.