1.    #1  
    About time someone post this in here

From Engadget:

Specs:
    VIA C7-Ms all around, with graphics courtesy of a VIA Chrome 9 chipset
    1.2GHz C7-M, a 120GB drive, 1GB of RAM and Vista Home Basic for the cheapest model (NO BLUETOOTH! you will have to pay $150 more for the model with bluetooth)

If you ask me, given the price tag, the Foleo still looks good for me. But this definitely is my prime candidate for a "Foleo replacement"
    Surprisingly heavy given the small screen size. I wonder if that's shipping weight or something?
  3.    #3  
    They say thats the shipping size, but it does look like a heavy device.
    That must include the weight of the power cord, book, box, etc. The Eee is 2 pounds and is much heavier than it looks. It just can't be that much heavier than the Eee.
  5. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    That thing is a total boat anchor and has a regular hard drive.

Nope, not a contender. To really fit the mold of what attacted all of us to the Foleo, it has to be solid state.

Asus 901 is the machine to get at $499
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    When will we actually be able to get the 901? I'd like one but if its going to be too long, I might just get the 701.
  7. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    When will we actually be able to get the 901? I'd like one but if its going to be too long, I might just get the 701.
    I'd wait if possible. The 901 is supposed to come out later next month.

I love my 701, but getting the bigger screen is worth waiting for. The 7" screen on the 701 is just a bit to small vertically for most dialogs. Usually, the buttons get cropped off, so to select things you have to drag the window "up" so you can get at the button.

It's really the only thing I don't like about my Eee.

Further, the 901 is going come with a 12GB SSD, 1GB RAM, and a more power efficient processor. All for about the same price as a 8GB 701.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    I want the XP version so it'll be the 8 Gig SSD. So late next month and not early next month? Bummer. I'll wait but I really wish I had it for next week's trip instead of this heavy old clunker.
  9. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I want the XP version so it'll be the 8 Gig SSD. So late next month and not early next month? Bummer. I'll wait but I really wish I had it for next week's trip instead of this heavy old clunker.
    All indications I've read are late next month. Keep an eye on NewEgg. They were the first vendor here in the US to offer the 701

If you're wanting to run XP, then all the more you should wait for the 901. Trust me on this -- you'll be kicking yourself if you settle for the 701.

If you were going to run with the default Linux OS, then the 701 is fine. Most of the dialogs have been reconfigured to work with the smaller display. The issue arises when you install a different OS. I'm running Ubuntu and get annoyed frequently that most dialogs won't fit on the screen.

I love my Eee, but will be buying a 901 as soon as it comes out.

The Truth About MonaVie:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post

I love my Eee, but will be buying a 901 as soon as it comes out.

Boy you must be rich Q I am still holding on to my dough... first for the next gen Treo and then for a FOleo
  11. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Boy you must be rich Q I am still holding on to my dough... first for the next gen Treo and then for a FOleo
    Nope, just typical for a gadget junkie.

Problem is, Bulls, you are falling into the age old problem when buying electronics. No matter when you buy, there's always something faster, bigger, and better just around the corner. If you are always waiting for that next best thing, you'll never buy.

Drop the money and buy an Eee PC, you won't be sorry. The Eee PC is extremely popular -- Asus continues to have a hard time keeping up with demand.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    I love my EEE, but this HP is looking pretty good. Some of the videos and pics of it look very nice, and so far its getting really good reviews I'm looking forward to it hitting the stores...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/08/h...ally-official/
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  13.    #13  
    So who's buying? man i am REALLY tempted to sell my PB for this still think it is still too expensive...

I actually been reflecting on the SonyVaio TZ as well.

WHere art thou Foleo? so i could easily make the decision!