Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    after installing all the patches, delete the contents of folder C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, should get you some space back. Oh and get a 2GB Ram chip and disable the page file, not expensive and very easy to do. You can then make a chunk of it a RAM drive, I use that for my firefox cache. Gets wiped on reboot.

Lots of tips all around. I've found I can have all my programs, which are really not many, but including Office, installed on the SSD with over 2GB free space.

did and del the uninstalled.

the 2 gig ram its on i way and the page will be gone too.

with still 8gb version, you wouldnt have to worry about it too much.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Is it possible to get Palm OS on an eeepc ?

NO questions, Palm OS is absolutely, the most SIMPLE, and EASIEST to use !!!!! Besides it is the most intuitive for me.

I personally would have loved a foleo, just too bad they can't increase the screen size and take out the weight of these treo "bricks".

Palm, let's please see improved Hardware, the Software is almost PERFECT now that you have Chatter on board. Well done, best IMAP around !
    ~* Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin View Post
    Is it possible to get Palm OS on an eeepc ?

NO questions, Palm OS is absolutely, the most SIMPLE, and EASIEST to use !!!!! Besides it is the most intuitive for me.

I personally would have loved a foleo, just too bad they can't increase the screen size and take out the weight of these treo "bricks".

Palm, let's please see improved Hardware, the Software is almost PERFECT now that you have Chatter on board. Well done, best IMAP around !
    Is this a joke? Seriously?

Aside from being completely incompatible hardware and CPU types...yeah no.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin View Post
    Do you still watch black & white TV and wash your clothes in a stream? Time for you to take a peek into the 21st century.
    WinMover will take care of large screens. When pressing "alt" you can move the screen to free up buttons to click on. There is a hack to deal with the screen resolution, but I haven't tried it. It's mostly needed for games.

Using portable apps will keep your small hard drive cleaner as well as not needing to be installed on it. Portable Apps Firefox is an amazing program.

Office 2007 loads in just a couple seconds for me. I haven't tried any of the earlier versions.

My Eee is my only computer other than the Treo and I'm very happy with it. I'll be interested to see what becomes available in the future, but for now, I'm very thankful for what I have.
    I have been a Palm OS hardcore for 10 years. Personally, I don't think "existing "softwares for Palm OS (or pocket PC) could be the same useful when running in computer machine that has 7 inches LCD.

I even doubt why should someone carry a Palm OS/WM PDA or smartphone any more after having a eee .

I think any cell phone with friendly and easy program of contact and PIM + eee pc is already a magic combo
    Of course, if eee pc has longer battery life , touch screen, 4 hot buttons, blue tooth and a hotsyn pogram that can pair with any brand cell phone 's existing contacts and PIM will be very fine.
  7.    #27  
    Well, so far the only thing that appears on the horizon is this Redfly Mobile Companion coming out in March. Too bad it's only for Windows Mobile Smarphones. Currently, the Palm has way more programs than WM and would be much more useful to me.
    If it's the only game in town then maybe I'll look to get a windows smartphone. The absolute key factor for my decision is INSTANT ON/OFF. If it doesn't do this then it doesn't work for my needs. I had mentioned that I bought the EEE and have been using t in this manner. Even with the reduced boot times it still doesn't work effectively. My need is like having a pad and pen. I need to be able to open it up and start inputting immediately and then in a wink of an eye close it and move on.
    The Redfly doesn't provide backup. My UMPC is my only computer. I have to at least be able to back up my Treo and use it to install apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanfujii View Post
    Too bad it's only for Windows Mobile Smarphones. Currently, the Palm has way more programs than WM and would be much more useful to me.
    This statement was (perhaps) accurate in 2002, but in 2008 it just sounds dated and out of touch. A quick peek at a couple of popular online handheld software distributors would show you:

Pocketgear.com:
    Total Palm OS programs: 4,118
    Total Windows Mobile programs: 9,094

Handango.com:
    Total Palm OS programs: 10,570
    Total Windows Mobile programs: 17,869

Are you starting to detect a trend here? I suppose it makes sense the user of a 6-year-old operating system might continue to spout 6-year-old statistics.
  10.    #30  
    Gee, I'm sorry. I stand corrected.
    I will say that at the time I had a brand new HTC Mogul and it wasn't listed at Handago. I only found a few programs from Sprint at the time.
    Now if you want to talk about the evolution of Windows Mobile vs. the old Palm OS, I was not impressed. For the use on a phone, I was surprised to find things that took one or two pokes on the screen with the Palm required numerous pokes to get to what you wanted. It frustrated so much that I gladly traded it for an old Treo 700P.
    Trust me, you will never try those programs any more after using EEE
    Do you remember how disappointed we were for searching a program to read PDF? Kept arguing pocket office or document to go is better? Compare to the "Free" open office and firefox, thunderbird,... i m using right EEE now, those WM or Palm OS programs are jokes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12