1.    #1  
    Just to remind us what we all missed this year...

http://www.engadget.com/photos/palm-...s-on-software/

Share your thoughts here

My initial thoughts.... its a shame that we didnt get to see all that the product could offer... may not be much but its worth seeing... it does feel like a solid finished product, and i hate thinking that all the work and thought put into it went to waste.

oh btw, there was no "laptop" spirit in here... it really looked more like a super-PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Just to remind us what we all missed this year...

http://www.engadget.com/photos/palm-...s-on-software/

Share your thoughts here

My initial thoughts.... its a shame that we didnt get to see all that the product could offer... may not be much but its worth seeing... it does feel like a solid finished product, and i hate thinking that all the work and thought put into it went to waste.

oh btw, there was no "laptop" spirit in here... it really looked more like a super-PDA.
    they were doomed before they started by their price point target and their PDA orientation.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3.    #3  
    I believe if this was priced at least as low as a TX, it would have gotten different reviews.
    The idea was (and still is) solid, but as a previously stated many times, the prince was just way above where it needed to be for such a release.

At $300 Palm wouldn't have been able to make enough of them, even with the Asus in tow.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I played with one at a preview event and it was solidly built and felt good. OTOH it was missing basic PIM software. It was the START of a good idea but not very fleshed out.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    they were doomed before they started by their price point target and their PDA orientation.
    It didn't even have PDA functionality though!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    It didn't even have PDA functionality though!
    Actually a very valid point... without the 3rd party apps of course.