Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The first Foleo would have been worth the $500-$600 if they'd decked it out more, IMO. It was too bare bones. I agree, $300 or even $400, and dump the "you need a phone to work effectively with it" requirement and we'd have had a winner.

I still think another thing that doomed the first one was pairing it too much with a phone. Or implying that when you looked at their ad. Maybe it didn't need a phone but they kept saying it was the Treo's companion so that's what I kept thinking.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Price and battery life will be the decider for me. if I was on the design team I'd be shooting for 6 - 8hours min, I don't think it needs to be to grunty, linux probably best, I'd suggest OSX but it would be too expensive and they'd cripple some useful part of it, which we'd all have to work around.

I'd be happy to work with a soft (onscreen) keyboard, particularly of the touch screen had iphone/itouch properties. Oh it would be good if it looked groovy, and worked with treos/centros bluetooth? but stood alone just as well wifi?
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 01/19/2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: slack
    Were you speculating on how you'd design the next Foleo?

Apple wouldn't license it's OS, would it? It would be nice, but I'm not so sure. Apple seems very "in-house" to me.

We have a better chance of a Windows Foleo, LOL!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how good the next Palm OS is that they will probably put on the new Foleo. It's just too bad it's not till next year, that's like near the end of the decade!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/19/2008 at 03:53 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Not really just speculating on what I'd like.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    @Kupe -how much was that device? i bet mroe than $1000.
    Originally is was, yes. Now they ebay for ~$700-800.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Oversized PDA
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ok. Last Post
    I just purchased a Redfly, and I love it. Battery 1ife, speed of turning it on, and ability to have my major files on me, whether I use the Redfly or the phone directly make it a winner. Other than watching video, there's almost nothing I can't do on it. My laptop hasn't left my desk all week.

So definitely a PDA for me.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12