Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    These resolution hacks mess up standby/sleep mode. I'm not sure exactly how, so I'm afraid to try them. My Eee is a serious work machine and I'm afraid of playing around too much.
    I agree, I tried 4 other hacks before I settled on the one that I posted.

On some of the others I had a screen display that was very bad and I was having a hard time fixing it. I tweaked and messed until I have it back to *normal*.

And then I found the 800x600 (no scroll) and the larger one.

I have settled on the 800x600 (no scroll) with no ill problems for the last day and it goes into sleep or power down or what ever it is called.

Happy hunting.

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    These resolution hacks mess up standby/sleep mode. I'm not sure exactly how, so I'm afraid to try them. My Eee is a serious work machine and I'm afraid of playing around too much.

Damn after reading your post I started experimenting and it happened. It came out of standby/sleep and my pixels are missing or the display is not real readable.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

I wonder if the previous driver installs are causing this or it is my current driver. I am not really up for a hard re-install yet. I will wait until I tweak it beyond repair for that.

I will keep hunting.

Regards
    graylion
  4.    #224  
    anyone have any tips to get the eee to use the treo 680 or a bb 8830 as a modem?

i have pda net, but dont i have to install both palm desktop and pda net to get it to work?

is the verion software the only way to get the bb as a modem, and does it only work via a cable?

thank you.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I mentioned that a classmate of mine was sporting an Eee pc and that the only thing I heard him complain about was the cramped keyboard. Well, when I saw him, again, recently, I asked him how he felt about the keyboard and he said it wasn't an issue.

He also commented that it was probably the same keyboard as my SONY VAIO TX, but I think he may have meant the keyboard layout, as opposed to size.

At any rate, if the cramped keyboard was giving him fits, one would think he'd have said so.

He reiterated that, for what he wants it to do, its functionality is right on the money. He did say that he might swap out the 4-cell battery for a 6-cell, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    anyone have any tips to get the eee to use the treo 680 or a bb 8830 as a modem?

thank you.
    Hello folks. I've jumped on the Eee Bandwagon as well and no regrets. As I've been using Ubuntu on a desktop for a while, it's nice to use linux on a tiny notebook. I think the easy desktop on the Eee is brilliant.
    Anyway after doing some research from forum postings and the eeePC wiki etc., I have written up a "How To" for settingup the Eee with your Treo 680 for DUN either via Hotsync cable or Bluetooth
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Does anyone know if the Garnet simulator can run under Wine in the EeePC? If so, that would be a great way to run your Palm apps in the Eee
    Palmdoc: Thanks so much for your hotsync cable DUN how-to. I saw a reference for it on Palmaddicts and had it up and running fairly quickly.
    You're welcome Rick. There's so much to learn with this new baby, putting it in a blog helps me archive the steps I took and I can always refer to it myself in the future. If if helps others, then well and good!
  10.    #230  
    any instructions on how to use the treo as a bluetooth modem with xp?
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    any instructions on how to use the treo as a bluetooth modem with xp?
    Shouldn't be difficult once you get WinXP up and running with your Bluetooth adaptor, make sure one of the Bluetooth Com ports is open, pair it with the Treo, it should be able to recognise the Treo as a Bluetooth Modem and use Window's New Connection Wizard, manual configuration mode
    Depending on your provide, you may have to adjust the Bluetooth Modem properties (in Control panel/Modems) for any specific script eg ATD+cgdcont=1;"ip","youAPN";
    in the Advanced setting if I recall rightly.
    I just picked one up to day for $366 at a local store. This is a sweet lil device. Question, are there any tutorials for install xp for those of us without a pc. I one have a mac. thanks
  13. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I just picked one up to day for $366 at a local store. This is a sweet lil device. Question, are there any tutorials for install xp for those of us without a pc. I one have a mac. thanks
    If your are a Mac person, why not put OS X on your eee pc:

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12654/

I
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    I like being versatile. I may just keep linux on the eee. Not sure if xp is worth it yet.

Does anyone have the Script for the EEE? I am trying to use usbmodem and my centro

thanks
  15.    #235  
    goto http://www.eeeuser.com/ for info on installing xp.

it isnt hard to install xp on the eee. just get an external cd/dvd player. I used a regular dvd player and an ide to usb cable.

i didnt n-lite it, but that is a way to go. i do see more issues with n-lited installs though. if only because something is missing that you need later.

i increased the mem and no longer have a swap file. i use a bunch of portable apps that are installed on the sd card.

as for osx, i havent read a lot about it, but one mention i do recall is that it was slow on the eee.

again, only one mention.
    Felipe
    Does anyone have the Script for the EEE? I am trying to use usbmodem and my centro

thanks
    Go take a look at PalmDoc's blog. Good info on using the EEE with the treo.
    Good info. Supprisingly, the Linux side was easy. I am having problems with Usbmodem. It thinks I'm using the network when I'm not
  18. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Good info. Supprisingly, the Linux side was easy. I am having problems with Usbmodem. It thinks I'm using the network when I'm not
    I use it. Works great. I followed this howto here:

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/06/...sb-connection/

If you still have question, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Thx.
    I will try the above link and try and configure it.
    Do u have a GSM or CDMA Centro/Treo?

Also, I have 6 of the same app the GPRS Config. Each time it didn't work I clicked on the app again.

How do I get rid of these extra GPRS Config apps?
  20. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Thx.
    I will try the above link and try and configure it.
    Do u have a GSM or CDMA Centro/Treo?
    I have a Sprint (CDMA) Treo 755P

Also, I have 6 of the same app the GPRS Config. Each time it didn't work I clicked on the app again.

How do I get rid of these extra GPRS Config apps?
    What do you mean by GPRS? There are two pieces to this app:

1. The Palm .prc app that installs on your Treo. Simply install this on your Treo/Centro, fire it up and click the big Enable Modem Mode at the bottom.

2. A text file containing the PPP dialup instructions for Linux. Note: You have to select the right text file from the ones the USB modem people send you depending on what kind of network you are on (e.g., EVDO, GSM). Simply copy this text file to a location on your EEE that you can remember. Best place is right where the howto tells you to put it. Just remember to use the "sudo" command when you do the copy. This tells Linux you want to be the administrator (root) for this command.

Most of all, don't over complicate it. Just drop to the command line and follow the cookbook instructions laid out in the howto.

A couple things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure you fire up the USB modem on your treo before you do anything on the Linux side, otherwise Linux won't even see the Treo as a modem.

2. If you are hooked up to wireless or a hard network connection, you'll want to disconnect these before you connect to the treo otherwise you won't know if you are actually using the treo for your connection. Linux will still dialup OK, but the connection will just sit there idle.

The Truth About MonaVie:
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast