1.    #1  
    i-mate may be working on a Foleo-like device for WM. Here's the link.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/23/i...ultimate-line/
    Just like the Foleo, and like most of Imate's products, it will never see the light of day.

Surur
    Good ol' iMate - long on promise/short on delivery. Sounds familiar somehow.
    this is what im afraid to happen.... other manufacturers stealing Jeff Hawkins' concept... i wonder how patented the Foleo is? Jeff should be able to produce the first "foleo-type" device... he deserves it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    this is what im afraid to happen.... other manufacturers stealing Jeff Hawkins' concept... i wonder how patented the Foleo is? Jeff should be able to produce the first "foleo-type" device... he deserves it...
    Actually Imate's idea is the more obvious idea - use a powerful processor in the phone with VGA out capability, and then make a shell which is basically a dock with a screen and a keyboard - no processor or note, no storage, no WIFI or bluetooth. Maybe this also means very cheap (like $200?)

Its basically just a keyboard with a external screen attached. This is a concept more likely to fly that Jeff's mini-laptop.

Surur
    Honestly, I'd like to see this come. WM scales somewhat nicely and so this can be done pretty easily too.

I am guessing that the next Foleo would be near similar, but probably a bit more than just a shell as what i-mate has here.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.