1.    #1  
    10,000 cancelled Foleos sitting in a warehouse, Atari-ET-cartridge-style.

A ton of egg on Jeff Hawkins' face.

Loss of any remaining credibility with developers.

Over 1,000 people waiting patiently, willing to buy an unsupported Foleo for $300.

A dozen finished third party apps that could easily be loaded to fill in the software gaps (for say, another $100).

If Palm wants to generate some goodwill out of this MASSIVE debacle, they should offer up a limited edition "J-spec" (Jeff Hawkins spec) Foleo to the people who have defended/drank Hawkins' vision/Kool-Aid. $300 as-is, $400 with third party apps. Zero support given. I'd buy one. Would you?

How about it, Jeff? Do it for the fan(boy)s.
    I'd definitely be willing. I had scant hopes it'd ever support my 650 anyway, so the email thing isn't a big deal for me. I just want the instant-on, huge battery life, and wifi. Also, from everything I've heard and seen about the construction, the quality there is right up my alley. I really value that.

Yes, please Palm, consider offloading the hardware to the public! Shave off the Palm logo, if you must, but don't just scrap 'em!
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh, I'd buy one. It's not gonna happen, but I'd buy one.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    While I completely understand what he meant in his post, I don't see why it would be a big problem to sell these.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Oh, I'd buy one. It's not gonna happen, but I'd buy one.
    At $300 a pop, I'd buy two. I'm going to check with Palm to see if they will throw their supporters a bone for once and sell off the Foleos instead of putting them into the crusher.

Another option would be to take a tax writeoff and give away a couple thousand of them to charities. I don't think Palm would ever be able to recycle the Foleo hardware (even if the one-in-a-million odds come true and they release a Foleo II in 2008-9) - the 2005-spec hardware would be too far behind the times to be sold.

After finally getting the chance last week to use the Foleo hardware, I feel it deserves a better fate than the landfill that houses all those Palm Vx and Atari 2600 ET (Worst. Game. Ever.) cartridges.

Come on, Palm! Give us our Foleos!
    I still want one too, as it had everything I needed. Throw in a vt100 terminal and it would be my perfect day to day work computer.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    sign me up, $300-400, id pony up the cash in an instant. Throw it in my pack and use it every other day I find myself typing long letters and layouts on my under powered Mac laptop.

I loved the foleo, just too much money.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I'd buy an unsupported one in an instant. Price wouldn't even matter - it didn't matter in the first place. I just happened to be the exact customer Palm was targeting with this thing.

As Gerorne said, it probably won't happen, but I'm hopeful just in case!
    Is everyone sure it was already in production? I read where they said it was about to be shipped. But it could mean that it was about to be mass produced and then shipped. I wonder how many they really have.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Anyone get a response from palm about buying one?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, it seems that Palm did not make a ton load of foleo's. According to Ben, they only created a "fairly large number of units" for their internal testing and development. You can read more in Ben's blog (comments section) at : http://unwiredben.livejournal.com/254565.html
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Sorry guys, it seems that Palm did not make a ton load of foleo's. According to Ben, they only created a "fairly large number of units" for their internal testing and development. You can read more in Ben's blog (comments section) at : http://unwiredben.livejournal.com/254565.html
    If this is the case, how are they going to launch Foleo in September?
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    I was told at one of the demo events that Palm employees had been using the device internally for a while.

Not sure if I'd pay more than $100-150 on one, especially with no warranty, support or official spare part depot. It did make a decent web surfing applicance, and as long as that worked it would be nice. At $300-400 without any official support that's a little too rich.

Perhaps if Palm finally concentrates on bugwhacking and improving the core Treo and PDA lines, and getting Linux Palm OS out the door and debugged - THEN they can experiment with a FoleoII - as long as it has a compatible OS with the other devices.

Someone at Palm had a sudden bout of intelligence - time for me to open up that snow plowing franchise in hell!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    If this is the case, how are they going to launch Foleo in September?
    dude , u do realize they canceld the thiing ? I just checekd FoleoClub.com and nothing was posted.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    $99 is the max I will pay for this garbage.

I don't think you will be able to get one, no matter about the price. When jornada got axed, nobody was able to get the 575 even they were already in the warehouse of officedepot .
    Last edited by cellneuron; 09/05/2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I was going to get one....I'd still get one if I could.
    Count me in for $200-$250
    i'm in line for this.. even for $600
    500 bucks would be an OK price!
    I love to pay that for a unique app.
    Just me where, and i be there.
    price no probl.