View Poll Results: Should Foleo Reviews Posted Here Violate Palm NDAs

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, most definately! We desearve information at any cost.

4 13.79%
  • I'd love a new detailed review, but not if it violates Palm's NDAs.

8 27.59%
  • No, I don't believe it is right. Palm's NDAs should be respected.

11 37.93%
  • Absolutely Not. Treocentral should ban any user who posts such a review.

6 20.69%
  1.    #1  
    There is a poster in our community who has found unauthorized access to a Foleo and is offering to take it apart and provide us with an unauthorized review, in obvious violation of someones NDA to obtain a Foleo. I am curious how many here think this is OK.
    Last edited by TheKingOfSting; 09/04/2007 at 01:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'd never do that, and I don't think it's right... but would I not read it? I can't say that I'd defintiely refuse to read that review on principle, cause I most likely would take a look at it.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Think of it as a thriller. The suspense is good for us.
    I say he/she should go for it. If they're willing to take the risk, by all means, enlighten the rest of us! The official reviews are all going to be out in a few weeks anyways.
    Actually, if the person has been granted access, and did not sign an NDA, they can post whatever they want. The issue comes in the person who had the NDA that gave them access, that person should be the one who is slighted in this line of questioning.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    What I probably would have done would be post the review until Palm requests it to be removed instead of just asking, but now, since you were probably told by Palm not to, its probably a bad idea.
    Not ok... until now??

We have a reviewer on the line (can't say who) who was writing a review for us. I definitely will try to get it posted.
    probably kinda a mute point now, isn't it??

However, I am sure that, someone who has NDA access does not want to lose future privileges.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    probably kinda a mute point now, isn't it??

However, I am sure that, someone who has NDA access does not want to lose future privileges.
    Well, just to be clear - we never have and never will violate an NDA or induce somebody else to do so either.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I still think a Foleo Review would be nice.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I guess it doesn't matter now
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Well, just to be clear - we never have and never will violate an NDA or induce somebody else to do so either.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I still think a Foleo Review would be nice.

Oh, did not mean you guys as in Smartphone Experts - owners of the forum(s).
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Having a review of a device that never made it past the concept door not only hurts the company for NDAs or whatnot, but sets expectations that may or may not be met with further products. It is Palm's right to keep thier failures under wraps and much more to keep their successes under covers so they can bring them out when the time is right with the right platform.

But one has to admit that leaks have that taste of forbidden technofruit... but we shall resist for Palm's sake. Not that I am so happy with them (I have a 700p) but at least this move gives them a few good points in my book.

So perhaps my comment is more in the line of "don't do it and don't publish the review, but if it happens well at least we were straightforward in the matter"
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

Yes, but by publishing an unauthorized review are you not encouraging, or inducing, people to violate the Palm NDA? Seems to me that you are.

TKOS
    well - no. they should not violate the agreement.

separately, knowing that the foleo is no more, someone who has one should reach out to Palm and ask permission. They may change there mind. all bets are now off. (but contracts are not)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.