1.    #1  
    If Palm is going to meet their widely publicized deadline of releasing the Foleo "This Summer," then we are T minus 20 and counting.

What day do you think the Foleo is coming out???

My bet is that the Foleo will hit the streets on the 18th of this month.

TKOS
    I think there's a chance of them being late. There's still no projected date listed on their website. If they're expecting people to line up for this(figuratively speaking), it needs to be posted soon!!! They already lost the back to school crowd. I saw that some students were interested in it.

Palm needs to stop being late to the table!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I guess it will be available after the Shareholders meeting on September 12th. The new management team will announce the products including Centro and Foleo. Foleo will be available immediately and Centro will be available by end of this September.
  4. vrf
    well they already missed my birthday...

The 12th sounds like a good guess. I wonder if the review units are out there yet.
    ^^ The review units aren't out yet - at least, we at Palminfocenter haven't been provided with one - but developers have had their hands on it for some time now. Lucky buggers!
    It will be out on the day that ends in "y"
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    It will be out on the 32nd. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I guess it will be available after the Shareholders meeting on September 12th. The new management team will announce the products including Centro and Foleo. Foleo will be available immediately and Centro will be available by end of this September.
    I hope you're right!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout View Post
    ^^ The review units aren't out yet - at least, we at Palminfocenter haven't been provided with one - but developers have had their hands on it for some time now. Lucky buggers!
    Perhaps it's like Snakes on a Plane? The makers knew it would get bad reviews, so they didn't allow any press screenings before release.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    It will be out on the day that ends in "y"
    I bet you thought you couldn't miss with that prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingOfSting View Post
    If Palm is going to meet their widely publicized deadline of releasing the Foleo "This Summer," then we are T minus 20 and counting.

What day do you think the Foleo is coming out???

My bet is that the Foleo will hit the streets on the 18th of this month.

TKOS
    bet cha a Million bucks!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    bet cha a Million bucks!
    Boy, aren't you quite the comedian. I'm laughing my ever living a** off over here.

Let's just hope that Palm really does have some kind of method to what appears to be true maddness. Let's recap the last year or so with Palm:

1. The Treo 700P was a buggy device from the time it was released. Palm brushed it under the rug and took over a year to put out a fix (the MR)
    2. The 700P MR caused more problems that it fixed and now has been pulled from public download with no indication that there will ever be a fix for the failures.
    3. There are no indications what so ever from Palm that they are doing anything to improve their smartphone line.
    4. Palm annouces the Foleo and spends all summer building hype for it and then in the 11th hour nixes the project.

Palm has lost it. Their managment has no clue anymore. All they've done recently is throw out failures and broken promises.
    Boy, aren't you quite the comedian. I'm laughing my ever living a** off over here.

Let's just hope that Palm really does have some kind of method to what appears to be true maddness. Let's recap the last year or so with Palm:

1. The Treo 700P was a buggy device from the time it was released. Palm brushed it under the rug and took over a year to put out a fix (the MR)
    2. The 700P MR caused more problems that it fixed and now has been pulled from public download with no indication that there will ever be a fix for the failures.
    3. There are no indications what so ever from Palm that they are doing anything to improve their smartphone line.
    4. Palm annouces the Foleo and spends all summer building hype for it and then in the 11th hour nixes the project.

Palm has lost it. Their managment has no clue anymore. All they've done recently is throw out failures and broken promises.
    Relax July 2007, this is not an uptight place. Don't take it personally.
    If you hav been around since the beginning, and listened to everyone's opinions, Palm had lost it in 2004, 2005, 2006 also.
    "

eodell

It will be out on the 32nd. :-)
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Thanks! What do I get? A 700p with a broken screen and missing stylus?
  16.    #16  
    Relax July 2007, this is not an uptight place. Don't take it personally.
    I actually joined many months before this, but had to change my login name because I used my real name as my login when I first signed up and a member of this community started calling my office and harrassing my employees. I challenged him on a couple "Troll threads" he posted, so he felt justified in calling my business and threatening my people. This person is a known flammer on here and Palminfocentral.com. After this personal attack, I had no choice but to change my name to something a bit more anonymous. I offered to fly out and meet the guy face-to-face (anywhere in the US, anytime), but he was too much of a coward to take me up on it. Typical for a Trol.

If you hav been around since the beginning, and listened to everyone's opinions, Palm had lost it in 2004, 2005, 2006 also.
    I have been around Palm units since 2003 or so. We used them to support a data collection program to collect project field data. Actually, we were using Handspring units at the time, but this is basically a Palm unit.

I am no stranger to Palm. Regardless, their recent actions are unacceptable. I'm getting tired of this inept company. Palm, have you ever heard of a market analysis??? Why didn't you run one for the Foleo before introducing the Foleo three months ago. Your actions here are showing how unorganized and screwed up you really are. It's time to do some house cleaning and you better do it fast. Your ship is sailing without you and you are stuck in this little life raft that is filled with holes.... What are you going to do?
    I actually joined many months before this, but had to change my login name because I used my real name as my login when I first signed up and a member of this community started calling my office and harrassing my employees. I challenged him on a couple "Troll threads" he posted, so he felt justified in calling my business and threatening my people. This person is a known flammer on here and Palminfocentral.com. After this personal attack, I had no choice but to change my name to something a bit more anonymous. I offered to fly out and meet the guy face-to-face (anywhere in the US, anytime), but he was too much of a coward to take me up on it. Typical for a Trol.

I have been around Palm units since 2003 or so. We used them to support a data collection program to collect project field data. Actually, we were using Handspring units at the time, but this is basically a Palm unit.

I am no stranger to Palm. Regardless, their recent actions are unacceptable. I'm getting tired of this inept company. Palm, have you ever heard of a market analysis??? Why didn't you run one for the Foleo before introducing the Foleo three months ago. Your actions here are showing how unorganized and screwed up you really are. It's time to do some house cleaning and you better do it fast. Your ship is sailing without you and you are stuck in this little life raft that is filled with holes.... What are you going to do?
    I agree with you whole heartedly... I remember the famouse "Road Shows" The developers we talked to were like "why do you need more memory" "why do you want wifi?"