1.    #1  
    I wonder if any of the interactive flash-based charts I use in my work (found at: http://www.ifa.com/12steps/figureandchart.asp ) work on the Foleo browser? Does any flash work at all?
    Last edited by orrgroup; 09/03/2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: misspelled
    Flash 7, last I heard.. With any luck, Adobe will gift them with a v9 player.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Quote Originally Posted by orrgroup View Post
    I wonder if any of the interactive flash-based charts I use in my work (found at: http://www.ifa.com/12steps/figureandchart.asp ) work on the Foleo browser? Does any flash work at all?

It is my understanding that the Foleo supports flash, but not flash video such as Utube. The Foleo uses the Opera browser, so you should be able to download this browser on your PC and have a look at how it will look on the Foleo.

TKOS
    While the rendering engine will be the same, items such as Flash, QuickTime, and a few others that require plugins will be different depending on what is built into the Foleo.

According to the source code on the OP's site, the movies are using Flash 7, so it might not be an issue.

Flash Video is a relatively "newer than Flash 7" item and there might be the issue with Flash support. Well, that and its a resource hog.

I use Opera as my main browser and it has no issues with rendering any website. Renders HTML very fast (Safari on Windows is the fastest I've seen), and CSS support is very excellent. Basically speaking, its a nice browser, and a good choice on Palm's part.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    I use Opera as my main browser and it has no issues with rendering any website. Renders HTML very fast (Safari on Windows is the fastest I've seen), and CSS support is very excellent. Basically speaking, its a nice browser, and a good choice on Palm's part.
    I suspect that Palm's decision to use Opera had more to do with how light they could make it for the Foleo than what it provided from a features standpoint. Hardware constraints aside, I would think that Firefox would be the best solution for a web browser on a *nix system. Much more development effort going into Firefox than Opera. Further, Opera is not an open source project. Would be nice if it were.

TKOS