Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, with the approach of the Foleo's launch (keeping our fingers crossed on that one) I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinion on if I really need a Foleo (other than just wanting to spend the 500 + dollars just for the fun of )

    Here is my current set up.
    Macbook Pro
    2.0
    15.4"
    etc (i wont waste anyone's time with the details, but this a fully loaded rig)

    I have parellels to access my work information, and can use the mac osx for web browsing, word, excel (more than the foleo's features obviously, but that is not what we are debating)

    I can get the internet hooked up via USB Modem within 3 mins, and it takes about 5 seconds to come out of sleep, and the battery lasts about 4 - 5 days on sleep, and the battery does not drain too much (like a percent per hour or less)

    I get about 4 hrs - 4.5 hrs on the battery.

    I generally am never away from the power outlet for more than 10 hrs.

    Here is the questions I have, do you think i need the foleo, since all i do is check my email, and this laptop is nice and thin, and i do not mind the weight (although sometimes!!!)

    What do you think? Do i need it? Or am i just trying to justify the purchase for a new toy??

    Just an FYI, i do have two Macbook Pro's one for work and one for personal use.

    Thanks...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Hey guys, with the approach of the Foleo's launch (keeping our fingers crossed on that one) I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinion on if I really need a Foleo (other than just wanting to spend the 500 + dollars just for the fun of )

    Here is my current set up.
    Macbook Pro
    2.0
    15.4"
    etc (i wont waste anyone's time with the details, but this a fully loaded rig)

    I have parellels to access my work information, and can use the mac osx for web browsing, word, excel (more than the foleo's features obviously, but that is not what we are debating)

    I can get the internet hooked up via USB Modem within 3 mins, and it takes about 5 seconds to come out of sleep, and the battery lasts about 4 - 5 days on sleep, and the battery does not drain too much (like a percent per hour or less)

    I get about 4 hrs - 4.5 hrs on the battery.

    I generally am never away from the power outlet for more than 10 hrs.

    Here is the questions I have, do you think i need the foleo, since all i do is check my email, and this laptop is nice and thin, and i do not mind the weight (although sometimes!!!)

    What do you think? Do i need it? Or am i just trying to justify the purchase for a new toy??

    Just an FYI, i do have two Macbook Pro's one for work and one for personal use.

    Thanks...
    I am interested in the Foleo too. However, like you I question my needs for it. As a graduate student and educator I would have to say no. For me there are too many programs like SAS, SPSS, Full Excel, VBA, etc that I will need even when I am on the "go" as they say.

    If all you do is check you email why not stick with a treo or any other smartphone. My treo is more than adequate for keeping up with my three email accounts. That also depends on you habits though. If you buy foleo, then you will be a buying new toy. For the record, I might be buying my new toy too though
    JasonRM79

    Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
  3. #3  
    You don't need one...... but you do want one.

    Regardless of whether it fails or not, it is a nice little toy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    You don't need one...... but you do want one.

    Regardless of whether it fails or not, it is a nice little toy.
    Ya i guess i just needed to write it out to realize how little i really need it, i guess i should just do this everytime i am thinking about buying something... hmm think about ...

    What do you think do i need an espresso machine?? i drink about ....

    JK

    HAHA i think i will pass, it looks like they are having problems with the sync of the system not surprised, palm has some serious work to do.
  5. #5  
    Hopefully they drop this stupid idea and get back to saving the company by introducing a completely different Treo.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Hopefully they drop this stupid idea and get back to saving the company by introducing a completely different Treo.
    Sound like the have with the centro. Centro should be able to compete against blackjack.
    JasonRM79

    Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
  7.    #7  
    I dont want them to compete with the blackjack, lets compete with the newer technology....

    It is getting really sad that palm is essentiallty the same from the 650 days (since i never really used the 600) the features are only a little better, ofcourse evdo is nice, but everyone had it first.

    COME ON PALM, REINVENT THE TREO!!!

    Blackberry, window mobile (not including the 700wx) and now the iphone are really making us look bad...

    as much as everyone hates the iphone, at the end of the day, it is pretty nice (overpriced as hell) but still....
  8. #8  
    The Centro???

    I saw pics of it..my gosh..it looks like well..the same treo design for the most part in a different color. A bit smaller, aimed at young smartphone noobs who can't afford the iphone.

    While it's at a good price, and will sell ok, it doesn't address the main problem Palm is facing. Palm does acknowledge many of the points engadget brought up.

Posting Permissions