Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm curious on how the wifi connection is handled in the Foleo and I also some questions for Opera. I'm not sure if anybody noticed this during the sneak peek and in the linux world expo. Anyway, here are my questions :

1. How long does it take to reconnect to the wifi network (same network and not a new one) every time it is turned off?

2. If the wifi is still connected to the network after turning it off (or closing the lid), how long does it linger there? Will the webpage still load after turning it off?

3. In the opera web browser, can it still load the page even if I switched to another application (say email or the photo app)?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    1. The Foleo keeps its wireless connections alive for some time even when the lid is closed. I don't know for how long. Now if it's closed for a long time and drops the connection, then tries to reconnect, I can't say how long that takes but it's probably similar to any other Wifi-equipped computer. My Thinkpad takes about 15 seconds to connect cold. I presume part of that is the router.

2. I don't think webpages continue to load with the lid closed. As I understand it the Foleo CPU is in standby when the lid is closed, so software suspends.

3. Yes, I've seen this. Pages continued to load in the background if you switched to another app. However, my sense was that when you switch back to the browser, it still takes a few seconds to render the page for the first time. It felt like the page was there, cached, but I could see the photos popping up one by one, etc. Now once the page is fully rendered, there is no noticeable render delay when you switch back and forth in and out of the browser.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    1. The Foleo keeps its wireless connections alive for some time even when the lid is closed. I don't know for how long. Now if it's closed for a long time and drops the connection, then tries to reconnect, I can't say how long that takes but it's probably similar to any other Wifi-equipped computer. My Thinkpad takes about 15 seconds to connect cold. I presume part of that is the router.

2. I don't think webpages continue to load with the lid closed. As I understand it the Foleo CPU is in standby when the lid is closed, so software suspends.

3. Yes, I've seen this. Pages continued to load in the background if you switched to another app. However, my sense was that when you switch back to the browser, it still takes a few seconds to render the page for the first time. It felt like the page was there, cached, but I could see the photos popping up one by one, etc. Now once the page is fully rendered, there is no noticeable render delay when you switch back and forth in and out of the browser.
    Thanks !