Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonwangls View Post
    I am not a linux user , does anyone knows if foleo can used openoffice. and will it still be instant on when loaded with openoffice.
    Not at this time. It will need to be modified to work on the Foleo primarily in the area of saving the document being worked on when the power button is pressed.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonwangls View Post
    I am not a linux user , does anyone knows if foleo can used openoffice. and will it still be instant on when loaded with openoffice.
    OpenOffice would require a lot of work to port to the device. You would have to rework the whole graphical interface to use the Foleo's system libraries, and you'd have to install a CF card just to hold the program, since a OO installation requires a considerable amount of room. The program would also need logic changes to work well in the "instant-on" application model. The application is also quite heavyweight, so I would expect that it would perform very poorly.

Sorry. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't think you'll see a port of this to the Foleo anytime in the near future.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    lastest news (rumor) from morning paper blog.
    http://morningpaper.typepad.com/morn...lanning-l.html
    It probably won't look the upcoming Gandolf/Centro but according to reports in Taiwan's Digitimes, Palm is planning on releasing its first Linux-based smartphone in October.

The news report, citing unnamed sources, said that "Palm's new smartphone will be based on the Linux platform developed for consumer devices by Wind River Systems, a continuation of cooperation between the two companies following Palm's launch of its "mobile companion," the Foleo, in the second quarter of this year."

The report said that the new smartphone will enable software to be easily swapped between the new handsets and the Foleo companions.

As it stated earlier, Palm also plans to continue to support Windows Mobile-based handsets as well.

Wireless Week
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123