1.    #1  
    I'm thinking this may be a question for Ben: I wonder if it would be possible to get a copy of the version of Linux running on the Foleo. It would be nice to be able to install this on a Virtual Machine and work with it. I would think that most Linux developers would find this of more value than getting a free Foleo. Well, they would probably love to get a free Foleo, but from a dev standpoint a VM running Foleo Linux would be very desirable to devs.

Thank you.

TKOS
    Last edited by TheKingOfSting; 08/17/2007 at 07:26 PM.
    FoleoLX does not run on X86 (Intel/AMD) processor architecture, thus it would not be able to run in a native VMWare VM.

(FoleoLX is my name for the Foleo Linux, not Palm's)
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingOfSting View Post
    I'm thinking this may be a question for Ben: I wonder if it would be possible to get a copy of the version of Linux running on the Foleo. It would be nice to be able to install this on a Virtual Machine and work with it. I would think that most Linux developers would find this of more value than getting a free Foleo. Well, they would probably love to get a free Foleo, but from a dev standpoint a VM running Foleo Linux would be very desirable to devs.
    When we release the SDK, there's a simulator that will run on x86 Linux that lets you develop and test applications without the full device. It doesn't have a full set of applications, and it just runs as a set of processes in your host Linux environment, rather than a whole distribution, but it can let you get an idea of the look and feel of the device.