Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Probably a stupid quesiton, but do any of those who have had hands on access know whether or not you would be able to access Citrix via the Foleo Opera browser?
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I don't think so. I believe Citrix requires Java in the client browser, and Foleo doesn't currently have Java support.

What you could do though is LogMeIn from a Foleo to a PC, and run Citrix on that PC. Does your head hurt yet?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Thanks wlmoore.
    I don't have the tech knowledge to understand what you are suggesting.
    Reason for my questions is that I'm currently interstate with work and lugging my very heavy IBM laptop around. The reason I'm doing this is so I can access our network drives through a Citrix connection. I really like the Foleo concept and "hoped" that if the browser would allow me to connect to Citrix and access word/excel/pdf/jpeg's files then it would be perfect. I thing I'll just wait for the product to be released and try it in the flesh. As located in Australia, by the time it does come out v2+ will be out and it might address my needs.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    I am currently interstate doing the same exact thing with my heavy thinkpad and citrix. I have looked into this a little further, and I am not sure java is required. There are non java based clients for citrix, including some linux versions. I am sure it would have to be recompiled for the foleo, but my guess is that it would not be too much work (especially given palm's claim that this mobile companion is targeted towards business execs).

In the meantime, I will use LogMeIn as the second poster suggested with my always on desktop at home.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)