Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi..

Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ $is$ $saying$ &$quot$;$Summer$&$quot$; $and$ $that$'$s$ $ALL$ $they$'$re$ $saying$.. $if$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $firm$ $release$ $date$, $whoever$ $knows$ $what$ $it$ $is$ $ain$'$t$ $talkin$' $yet$.. $developers$ $have$ $had$ $Foleos$ $for$ $months$.. $the$ $public$ $and$ $the$ $press$ $will$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $sit$ $and$ $wait$..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    "These apparently included an inability to synchronize the Foleo with most models of the Treo, in particular the nominally high-volume Treo 680. Our contacts indicate Palm now expects the device will ship in late September/early October."
    Ouch. Well, lets hope that works out.

On a good note, the Sprint 700wx updater just released worked flawlessly! lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    According to the analyst's note, the Foleo has been pushed back because it is unable to sync up with the Treos... now that is irony beyond irony. Even Palm is unaware of how crappy their BT solutions are in each and every single Treo they have ever produced.

It is official, Palm is incompatible with itself.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    These apparently included an inability to synchronize the Foleo with most models of the Treo, in particular the nominally high-volume Treo 680.
    Given the bugs Palm has (apparently) failed to detect before shipping devices recently, did the test result in the 680 exploding or something??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    According to the analyst's note, the Foleo has been pushed back because it is unable to sync up with the Treos... now that is irony beyond irony. Even Palm is unaware of how crappy their BT solutions are in each and every single Treo they have ever produced.

It is official, Palm is incompatible with itself.
    To be fair it indicated the trouble is primarily with the 680 not all Treos. Maybe this is why the 680 wasn't listed as one of the compatible models. Maybe they're working on it because of the outcry about the 680 not being supported.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    To be fair it indicated the trouble is primarily with the 680 not all Treos. Maybe this is why the 680 wasn't listed as one of the compatible models. Maybe they're working on it because of the outcry about the 680 not being supported.
    I do agree that the Foleo needs to be fully "baked" before letting it out of the consumers. But didn't they had almost 5 years (2 years of conception and 3 years of development) to figure this one out? It just baffles me that in the dying seconds of the game, Palm realized that they need to also support the Treo 680 out of the box.
  7. vrf
    well, according to Combee, the problems only occurred after final stress-testing.

I guess I'd rather have a stable product than an on-time one.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vrf View Post
    well, according to Combee, the problems only occurred after final stress-testing.

I guess I'd rather have a stable product than an on-time one.
    Unfortunately, Ben did not disclose what "wide range of Treo devices" they are testing with (Maybe it includes all of the Treo line : Centro, 755p, 750v, 750, 700p, 700w, 700wx, 680, 650, 600, 300, 270, 180g, 180, 90 -- Aha, it must be the Treo 90 that is giving them the problem ). I was hoping that he would, but I know he wouldn't

I totally understand that these things happen during a product launch. However, the syncing between the Treo and the Foleo is the cornerstone of the Foleo. I believe this should have been rock solid even before they introduced it in the D conference. Anyway, that is my own personal opinion. I wish them the best of luck that they can resolve all of the errors that they found during the final stress testing.

The sad part is that we still don't know if the 680 will be support.

I guess this only shows that the BT implementation on all treo models are not equally created
    Gotta agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    I do agree that the Foleo needs to be fully "baked" before letting it out of the consumers. But didn't they had almost 5 years (2 years of conception and 3 years of development) to figure this one out? It just baffles me that in the dying seconds of the game, Palm realized that they need to also support the Treo 680 out of the box.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If 'summer' meant before college started, I would own a Foleo instead of a laptop right now. No Foleo for me anymore.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12