1.    #1  
    Palm wants the Foleo to sync with other phones besides the Treo. So what phone would you predict would be the first announced to work with the Foleo besides a Treo?

I can't see it being the iPhone, given the fact that Apple wouldn't even allow 3rd party apps at first.
    IMO. All windows mobile phones and Moto.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    My guess is that they'll start with Blackberry's and then with the 3G phones on the market. Blackberry's because corporate America has already "standardized" on them and 3G phones because high speed means better user experience.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I agree with TxDot about the Blackberries. I would think they'd tap into that huge corporate base since this is basically a corporate/business product on first release.

I'm not sure about 3G phones. Unless maybe if it's a WM phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I predict Palm will announce support for a whole raft of Windows Mobile smartphones, as it's already 95% of the way there with the WM-based Treos.

After that, I agree that the BlackBerry platform will be next, with support being added for recent models like the Pearl, 8800, and Curve.
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.Brighthand.com
    News, Views, and "Hands-On" Reviews of Mobile Devices of All Types
    My guess would be out of the box it can connect to the internet with any phone that supports bluetooth DUN, in the same way a T/X can. Then the only other piece that actually syncs with the phone, email, this will be WM devices that can run the foleo --> mobile outlook applet. They will probably work on the Blackberry version of that connection next. Just my 2cents worth.
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I think most phone manufacturers will have to write their own connection. If the folio is as popular as I think it will be, the only problem will be folio clones.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Since I am thinking about getting an N75 as a secondary phone, I would love to see the Symbian OS supported in some way...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I agree with TxDot about the Blackberries. I would think they'd tap into that huge corporate base since this is basically a corporate/business product on first release.

I'm not sure about 3G phones. Unless maybe if it's a WM phone.
    I agree with you and TxDot. However, that means one more request from me to Palm, please allow the same Foleo to work with 2 different phones. I use BB for work and Tero for personal reason. If Foleo can switch between the two of them for internet connection and emails, then Foleo will be my best companion.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    I think most phone manufacturers will have to write their own connection. If the folio is as popular as I think it will be, the only problem will be folio clones.
    That'll be a great problem for us customers. But I think some of the none electronic properties of Foleo would be hard to copy and not get sued.
    Blackberry support will KILL! that wil probably be the best thing that could happen for palm!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I hope its BlackBerry as if not I wont be getting one!
    My IT department wont allow me to use any other smartphone type.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)