1.    #1  
    Pretty much what the topic says, I have a Windows Home Server setup on my network, which has Webguide installed. Webguide can stream all of my media over the internet, and does a very good job of that, it can stream to the Treo, or to other PCs using Flash. While I've read that since the Foleo only has Flash7 and not Flash9, it can't play flash video, I was wondering if it would work with WebGuide for my music instead.

Anyone with a Foleo ever try this? Or does anyone want to give me a Foleo to test it myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Pretty much what the topic says, I have a Windows Home Server setup on my network, which has Webguide installed. Webguide can stream all of my media over the internet, and does a very good job of that, it can stream to the Treo, or to other PCs using Flash. While I've read that since the Foleo only has Flash7 and not Flash9, it can't play flash video, I was wondering if it would work with WebGuide for my music instead.

Anyone with a Foleo ever try this? Or does anyone want to give me a Foleo to test it myself?
    I'm not sure about that particular site, but the Foleo can play flash audio. (As demonstrated at the sneakpeak.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    While I've not tried WebGuide, from looking at their Linux support page on their wiki, I'd guess that streaming won't be supported with the initial software release on the Foleo. They seem to rely on external media players to handle those streams, instead of using an embedded Flash client.
  4.    #4  
    Damn, yeah, I was thinking about it and realized that the videos are transcoded to WMV, so the audio is probably WMA. I thought it used a flash plugin, but apparently looking at it again today they're just embedding WMP into the browser window, so it was my mistake, I should've known it wouldn't work. Thanks for the response anyway.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Maybe PocketTunes can play your streaming audio as locally hosted internet radio. That's something you could try with your Treo now. If PocketTunes for Foleo can't do internet radio, I'll cry.

I do something similar with SlimServer ( http://www.slimdevices.com/ ), but not with my Treo since my Treo's not on my home network.
  6.    #6  
    Well, it does work with Kinoma, not PocketTunes, on the Treo. Its just not as ideal an experience, because Kinoma can't actually have the video embedded and playing in the web browser like it works on my PC, which means I don't have access to the controls while its playing.