Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    If Foleo is able to sync with Treo 750 without installing any additional software in Treo 750, Logically, Foleo should be able to sync with other Windows Mobile devices. Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Galen
  2. #2  
    I think Foleo already can sync with 750 using Outlook Foleo's version without additional software, So it is not exactly like ActiveSync & MS Outlook, that's why Foleo only can sync the Email,.. I don't know about sync other PIM data maybe someone can confirm this. And if Foleo can sync with 750 then it should be can sync with other windows mobile phone too.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    If Foleo is able to sync with Treo 750 without installing any additional software in Treo 750, Logically, Foleo should be able to sync with other Windows Mobile devices. Any thoughts?
    There is a small sync application that you'll need to install on the WM devices to enable the Bluetooth-based sync, but it doesn't replace Pocket Outlook, it just works with it.

    One big limitation in what devices we support is the Bluetooth stack. For Windows Mobile, Microsoft's Bluetooth stack isn't the only choice; there also a stack by Widcomm that's used on many devices, and the programming interface is different between the two. There's also testing: we will only support devices that we've tested and that have shown to reliably pair and sync with the Foleo device through stress tests and long term use.
  4. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    There is a small sync application that you'll need to install on the WM devices to enable the Bluetooth-based sync, but it doesn't replace Pocket Outlook, it just works with it.

    One big limitation in what devices we support is the Bluetooth stack. For Windows Mobile, Microsoft's Bluetooth stack isn't the only choice; there also a stack by Widcomm that's used on many devices, and the programming interface is different between the two. There's also testing: we will only support devices that we've tested and that have shown to reliably pair and sync with the Foleo device through stress tests and long term use.
    Do you see Bluetooth 2.0 in the near future for the Foleo? Can you shed any light on the decision to not use a more current Bluetooth stack on the Foleo? It is difficult to understand why Palm consistently stays with older Bluetooth stacks on it's devices. Please help us understand (if you can).
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  5. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #5  
    For synching, only email from the Treo for now, no contacts or calendar information. The email client will store addresses as one receives email from them and will auto-fill addresses from its list as they are typed.

    I tested the Foleo with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook Mobile Access. The browser worked fine.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    For synching, only email from the Treo for now, no contacts or calendar information. The email client will store addresses as one receives email from them and will auto-fill addresses from its list as they are typed.

    I tested the Foleo with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook Mobile Access. The browser worked fine.
    I believe Foleo syncs, or has some type of access to, the Treo contact app. Given that one can sync the Treo contacts with desktop contacts, the Foleo should have access to all current desktop contacts.

    Greg

Posting Permissions