1.    #1  
    Another application that I'm happy to see show up on the device. This isn't a full announcement, but a copy of the note posted on the NormSoft site about their participation at LinuxWorld. See http://www.pocket-tunes.com/news/?postid=5

Hello all,

Come preview Pocket Tunes for the Palm Foleo™ at the LinuxWorld
    Conference & Expo http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/ in San
    Francisco, CA from August 7th - 9th 2007. The LinuxWorld Conference &
    Expo will be held at the Moscone Center.

LinuxWorld is the premier event for the Linux and open source
    community, bringing together industry leaders shaping the future of
    new enterprise technology in the largest single gathering of business
    and technical leaders deploying Linux and open source solutions.

NormSoft will be exhibiting with Palm, Inc. and will be located on the
    show floor in Booth # 925.

Tim Norman
    NormSoft, Inc.
    Last edited by bcombee; 07/26/2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: fix title
    Dayum! That was quick.

Excellent. Check off one of my major complaints about Foleo!
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile
    That is great news ! It seems as though more things are starting to come together more and more for it everyday. This is really great, the closer it gets to its release I think we will see more apps for it.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That's great to hear! PocketTunes is a great app. I can only hope that ereader will support the device, but at least I can listen to some of my audiobooks.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just hope it can play in the background without hiccups. So, will you be able to play the songs on your Treo from your Foleo or will it just play local files (which is actually fine with me)?

I wonder if this is the media player gx-5 was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I just hope it can play in the background without hiccups. So, will you be able to play the songs on your Treo from your Foleo or will it just play local files (which is actually fine with me)
    Precisely what I was wondering. My guess is, considering how Treo's and wireless stereo (don't) get along, that it's play local files, only.

*sigh*

I started a thread talking about how other devices start out really high-priced, too, but by the time the Foleo is fully-stocked with apps, it'll cost $800 or something.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Now my fun question, does PT on the Foleo work in tandem with PT on the Treo/WinMedia Player on WM Treos? Because if so, that's just great in terms of moving music on an off.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I would love to go to LinuxWorld and test that out for you guys... I'm still caught up by the "LinuxWorld is open to business professionals only. No one under 18 years of age will be admitted."

I'm definitely over 18, but what defines a business professional? Are they going to check? The registration page also says to not hit the back button once you start, so I haven't taken a look to see if you need to input some kind of proof that you're a business professional, whatever that may mean.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I would love to go to LinuxWorld and test that out for you guys... I'm still caught up by the "LinuxWorld is open to business professionals only. No one under 18 years of age will be admitted."

I'm definitely over 18, but what defines a business professional? Are they going to check? The registration page also says to not hit the back button once you start, so I haven't taken a look to see if you need to input some kind of proof that you're a business professional, whatever that may mean.
    Hope they allow you to join that event and give us lots of info about Foleo softwares
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    Another application that I'm happy to see show up on the device. This isn't a full announcement, but a copy of the note posted on the NormSoft site about their participation at LinuxWorld. See http://www.pocket-tunes.com/news/?postid=5
    This is Great! Thanks Ben.
    Normsoft does not appear on the current exhibitor list. Anybody recognize any of the other listees as likely to have Foleo announcements? Who on this list has made software for Treos or is mobile focused?
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    This is Great! Thanks Ben.
    Normsoft does not appear on the current exhibitor list. Anybody recognize any of the other listees as likely to have Foleo announcements? Who on this list has made software for Treos or is mobile focused?
    Small developers with Foleo apps will likely just share Palm's space, and so won't be listed separately on the exhibitor list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post

The point of the restriction is that they don't want the place filled with average consumers. They do want developers though, and it's really hard to tell the difference between an "independent developer" and a consumer.
    Woohoooo!!!

Thanks Ben for the great news!

Now i hope Core Player follows suit!
    So unfortunately now we'll need 3 libraries apparently. The main PC one, which is 60 gigs for me, the Treo one, which since I was forced to 'upgrade' to the 755p is 4gigs, and the Foleo one which will use the 8GB SDHC card I had from the 700p.

I hope that Normsoft has figured out a good way to have this all synced, but I fear that they'll just continue using the Windows Media Player syncing, which while I hate iTunes, WMP's syncing is far far inferior to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So unfortunately now we'll need 3 libraries apparently. The main PC one, which is 60 gigs for me, the Treo one, which since I was forced to 'upgrade' to the 755p is 4gigs, and the Foleo one which will use the 8GB SDHC card I had from the 700p.
    A (nearly) easy solution. Get an SD card adaper for your mini-SD, purchase the 16GB mini-SD when it comes out and don't move as much music around . One less card, and a good bit less to fumble with
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    A (nearly) easy solution. Get an SD card adaper for your mini-SD, purchase the 16GB mini-SD when it comes out and don't move as much music around . One less card, and a good bit less to fumble with
    Except miniSD is a dead format with no future, and the 8GB microSDHC cards don't even exist yet.
    I thought 755P's couldn't take mini-sd's larger than 4GB.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I thought 755P's couldn't take mini-sd's larger than 4GB.
    Not necessarily true. If you can find an 8GB miniSD to try out though, let us all know