Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    In a word, yes. The AVERAGE home user has no idea how to adequately protect or secure their computing environment. Tethering into a corporate data center where your apps run on machines that are 50 times more capable than the average home computer, managed by professionals, protected with data protection hardware and software and hardened with multiple layers of security is probably a better platform for critical data and access.
    I am no data security expert... but does this mean the security of a Foleo-Treo combination is really dependent on an outside data center and not on the way the Treo can handle and transmit data?
  2.    #22  
    No. What it means is that the data when at rest, ie. on disk somewhere is far safer than when it's sitting on your PC at home or your laptop wherever you might take it. Data in transit between the datacenter and your treo would/should be protected with network encryption technology typically a VPN. Data in transit from the treo to the foleo is protected by encryption inherent in the bluetooth connection between the devices.

Home/Non-corporate users can utilize services like Google applications to enable reliable, secure mobile computing.

I don't know if there is a RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) client in the Foleo but if there isn't then I would say that Hawkins is crazy and out of touch. We don't really need a device that makes typing on the Treo easier, what is needed is fast, reliable mobile computing. If I can go from completely off to a mobile session on my corporate CRM in less than 60 seconds from anywhere in the civilized world then THAT is a compelling value proposition.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    No. What it means is that the data when at rest, ie. on disk somewhere is far safer than when it's sitting on your PC at home or your laptop wherever you might take it. Data in transit between the datacenter and your treo would/should be protected with network encryption technology typically a VPN. Data in transit from the treo to the foleo is protected by encryption inherent in the bluetooth connection between the devices.

Home/Non-corporate users can utilize services like Google applications to enable reliable, secure mobile computing.

I don't know if there is a RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) client in the Foleo but if there isn't then I would say that Hawkins is crazy and out of touch. We don't really need a device that makes typing on the Treo easier, what is needed is fast, reliable mobile computing. If I can go from completely off to a mobile session on my corporate CRM in less than 60 seconds from anywhere in the civilized world then THAT is a compelling value proposition.
    If you had a web based CRM you wouldn't have to worry about that.
    the neoware targets the major os w/c means hundreds of millions of potential users.
    the foleo targets the small and diminishing treo users, w/c runs to a few thousands customers.

cant even compare the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    the neoware targets the major os w/c means hundreds of millions of potential users.
    the foleo targets the small and diminishing treo users, w/c runs to a few thousands customers.

cant even compare the two.
    There have been millions of modern Treos sold... (Treos that are compatible with Foleo)..
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
  6.    #26  
    You're missing the point. The Treo/Foleo combination is silly if all it does is make your Treo bigger ie. big screen and full keyboard. The real value is making them into a powerful mobile thin client with instant on capabilities. All it needs is an RDP client.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12