1.    #1  
    I was very happy to see this.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    where did you see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    where did you see it?
    I saw it personally on Thursday night when we tried out the card that one of the Foleo sneak-peekers had with him on one of our devices... it might have been Brandorr, the name tags didn't include TreoCentral usernames
    Cool. I did a quick lookup. It sells for $78.99 on Amazon. Nice investment for a Foleo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Cool. I did a quick lookup. It sells for $78.99 on Amazon. Nice investment for a Foleo.
    If you don't have one already, depending on your Treo you might want to wait. 6 and 8 GB microSDHC cards will be available by the end of the year, and these should work with a micro to SD adapter. If you have a Treo which uses a miniSD slot, it might be a waste to get something that only works in one device, instead of getting one that can be adapted for both. Or, since it seems that microSD is the direction everything is heading towards anyway, you might just want to wait and see for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you don't have one already, depending on your Treo you might want to wait. 6 and 8 GB microSDHC cards will be available by the end of the year, and these should work with a micro to SD adapter. If you have a Treo which uses a miniSD slot, it might be a waste to get something that only works in one device, instead of getting one that can be adapted for both. Or, since it seems that microSD is the direction everything is heading towards anyway, you might just want to wait and see for that.
    There are also micro-to-mini adapters. I got a MicroSD card from an event that came with a micro-to-mini adapter plugged into a mini-to-standard adapter. I went ahead and got a mini 2GB for my 755p, but if I got a higher capacity card, I'd probably go for micro w/ adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    There are also micro-to-mini adapters. I got a MicroSD card from an event that came with a micro-to-mini adapter plugged into a mini-to-standard adapter. I went ahead and got a mini 2GB for my 755p, but if I got a higher capacity card, I'd probably go for micro w/ adapter.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant, the micro has adapters for the mini and regular SD slots. I'm still very annoyed that the 755p had to use mini though, its very annoying that I can no longer use my 6 SD cards. I personally bought a miniSDHC 4 GB card, because I had absolutely nothing that could be used on my 755p and 2GB isn't enough, but in the future I'll only be getting micro.
    i really do not intend to use one storage card for the two devices. If at all, i like them to have the same amount of storage, so when the syncing comes in i can just sync my content as needed (that is assuming the syncing will eventually include not only email and PIMS but other data as well... Missing Sync Style)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That's good to hear. I'm always hesitant to buy sd cards (and I suppose compact flash cards) early, because they go down in price so quickly! I can wait until I have the Foleo in my hands before buying one. Maybe even longer. If there isn't a music player or movie player out right away, I definitely can use one of my old cards for now.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    BTW, what's up with CF support? I finally got an answer where the slot is, now I wanna know is there any support for cards like 16 Gb? Theoretically, Linux should be able to support a file system that can handle such amount of memory, so why should be any limitations?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derloos View Post
    BTW, what's up with CF support? I finally got an answer where the slot is, now I wanna know is there any support for cards like 16 Gb? Theoretically, Linux should be able to support a file system that can handle such amount of memory, so why should be any limitations?
    If the native Linux file system is used then 16GB (and larger) should not be a problem. I have a feeling however that the Foleo will only support the POS file system which will limit the size it can handle. This is actually a pretty key question. Will existing Linux applications have to be able to read the POS file system or conversely will existing Palm applications have to be able to read the Linux file system? bcombee can no doubt clarify this.
    Last edited by TxDot; 07/30/2007 at 09:43 AM.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah, and see what number of kernel they use! LOL! 2.4.21! When was it? Four years ago? Five?