Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by derloos View Post
    Well.. As soon as Foleo is running Linux I am really afraid that first enthusiast-driven IM projects for Foleo will be based on current IMs for Linux, such as SIM, which I don't really like. I experienced several troubles with contact list syncronisation - lots of contacts been missing.
    Pidgin is the new gaim. That is what you want to be running for IM if you are on Linux. It runs flawlessly for me. I've been using Linux since 1994 and have never heard of SIM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I don't like GAIM and Kopete much as well - I'd prefer to see Adium there
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hmm... so it looks like there are several potential options to look forward to. Good to hear. =)
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    gaim...err...pidgin gets my vote.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    TxDot, if you are a linux user, have you ever heard of someone porting Adium to Linux?
    I would think the biggest hurdle is the fact that most of the Linux IMs out there require X-Windows to provide the UI. Sounds like the Foleo doesn't use X-Windows. Therefore it isn't a matter of just recompiling some code.

Skype is a very good IM client that supports many of the mainstream IM protocols. This would make an ideal client for the Foleo.

TKOS
    TxDot, if you are a linux user, have you ever heard of someone porting Adium to Linux?
    Isn't Adium just a slightly different version of GAIM/ Pidgin in itself? Ie, I believe Adium is based on the Pidgin code, so its the port, and you could just use the original on linux (although according to the previous comment, who knows if it'll work on the Foleo)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yes, but feels much different from each other.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Haven't heard of it. I use Pidgin on Windows. My Linux use has largely been server oriented not desktop.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Currently I have a laptop with Ubuntu at home and PowerMac G4 at work so I can compare
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12