1.    #1  
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i...FQF-PgodTBFs1Q

mobile planet is taking preorders for the Foleo it can't be long now.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've seen this page a while ago just google searching the foleo when I first heard about it. I'm still going with the August 22nd date.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Up until today I would've agreed with August 22. But the Palm Developer Sync Up, on August 6, leads me to believe that the Foleo will be released the first week of August.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh interesting. They said something about letting other developers in on everything after it was released right? Which is why you think the first week of August?

I gotta win the poker game tomorrow then so I'll have the money to get it on release!
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    The Sync Up announcement linked to in the previous post has informs PDN members that Palm will spend the day discussing the details of the SDK. An emailed announcement to developers states that the Foleo and the SDK will be available to attendees, though that isn't mentioned in the linked announcement.

If the Foleo isn't released before or during LinuxWorld, I'll do whatever I can to go to SF and pick up a Foleo myself. Since Palm have stated repeatedly that they will release the SDK "at launch," I tend to think that the product will be released commercially between the 1st and the 6th.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Hopefully they don't mean that the Foleo will be available to be looked at while the SDK will be available to take home.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I didn't want to get into any trouble with PDN, but I'll paste the relevant part of the notice:
    The Foleo Developer Sync Up will be held on August 6 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco California in conjunction with LinuxWorld. All participants will receive a Foleo Mobile Companion device and a Software Development Toolkit in addition to other technical resources to support your development efforts.
    Does that mean that attendees will be taking the Foleo home? I tend to think so, but I'm prepared for either possibility.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Egads...I think you'll be toting it home.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I didn't want to get into any trouble with PDN, but I'll paste the relevant part of the noticeoes that mean that attendees will be taking the Foleo home? I tend to think so, but I'm prepared for either possibility.
    If your link and that quote get out, I'd imagine there'd be plenty of developers who'd sign up just to get a free Linux device, regardless of their actual intent to develop Foleo software.
    I'm not convinced that it's free. When I signed up for LinuxWorld last week, the registration page had a number of developer events requiring admission fees -- often hundreds of dollars. I've registered for the Sync Up, but noted that Palm would be contacting developers to find out more about the solutions they planned to develop for the Foleo. I haven't seen a fee associated with the event so far, but for all I know it could be $800, $1000, or what-have-you. I'm staying pretty zen about this until I get all the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    If your link and that quote get out, I'd imagine there'd be plenty of developers who'd sign up just to get a free Linux device, regardless of their actual intent to develop Foleo software.

that leads me to think they might NOT release it then. or else Palm is gonna be giving away too many foleos and lose money even before the product is launched

That is pretty exciting news though, to think that it can come that early.