Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    [*]Compatible with Treo 650? What phones?
    Heartbreaker...the word is that at launch they'll only support the 700, 750, and 755 (sprinkle your w's and p's appropriately). No 650 or 680.
    WHOA, more like a dealbreaker. I didn't realize my 680 was so outdated already. But like you said before, it isn't finalized yet, so i guess we'll see what's up when it's released.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    WHOA, more like a dealbreaker. I didn't realize my 680 was so outdated already. But like you said before, it isn't finalized yet, so i guess we'll see what's up when it's released.
    OK, I'm done Palm. You officially suck ***. If you want this damn thing to sell you should make it truly compatible with at least your current product line.
    WHAT???? NO 680 SUPPORT???? whats up with that?!! Ben can you confirm this? WHat about us Cingular customers??

That would be a BIIIIGGG mistake!
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Wait guys, like he said it's not finalized yet, but if it does end up that it's not 680 compatible, man, that would really really suck.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I used an SD card just fine to open and edit a word file (That was created from doctogo 8.003)

My first SD card that I used didn't work, but it could be because it was brand new and I had just gotten it that day. My second one (I brought my Treo and my T5 along) worked with no problem.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Wait guys, like he said it's not finalized yet, but if it does end up that it's not 680 compatible, man, that would really really suck.
    The fact they are even considering not supporting them speaks volumes about Palm as a company
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    No 680 support? WTF???? WHYYYYYYY!!!!!??!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    WHAT???? NO 680 SUPPORT???? whats up with that?!! Ben can you confirm this? WHat about us Cingular customers??

That would be a BIIIIGGG mistake!
    Sorry, I can't confirm which phones will be supported at this time until we ship.
    As for the File Manager... right now, it's using a Copy/Cut/Paste system for copying the moving files. You select the files you want to move, you Edit/Copy or Edit/Cut them, then you go to the destination and do Edit/Paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    Sorry, I can't confirm which phones will be supported at this time until we ship.
    Not a good sign i was planning to buy the treo 680 online at palm.com early so i can have it setup before Foleo's release, i guess Palm will not be having any of my dollars in the near future... not for the treo and definitely not for the foleo if they dont support 680.

i really think Palm is gonna lose money if they dont support the treo 680 on the Foleo. I hope you work this one out Palm. Isnt the treo 680 your best selling treo among your current line of treos?
    A friend of mine, a 680 owner, who went to this week's LA Sneak Preview with me, told me that he specifically ask the head of Biz Dev (one of the Foleo demonstrators), about 680 support, and was told that it wouldn't support the 680 at release; Palm would be releasing a 680 updater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    A friend of mine, a 680 owner, who went to this week's LA Sneak Preview with me, told me that he specifically ask the head of Biz Dev (one of the Foleo demonstrators), about 680 support, and was told that it wouldn't support the 680 at release; Palm would be releasing a 680 updater.
    Good thing i havent sold my LifeDrive yet. The Foleo was the only reason i wanted a Treo really.
  13. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Head of biz dev? Was it one of the ladies? Or the guy that was close to the front? I wouldn't mind if they released a 680 updater since I'm not planning on picking one up right away. But that doesn't sound so optimal for the 680 guys that want to get a foleo on release day.
    Ben,

Does the Foleo email client sync with Goodlink?

Can it handle Rich Text or HTML emails via sync? To me this is the killer app. The text conversion on Goodlink is annoying. Apparently, WM6 will support HTML.

I also have a 680 and was interested in buying on launch day. Please keep us posted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    This is a good question. You can create new documents in Foleo DocsToGo but I don't know if they are MS format files or native DTG format files, or whether or not MS Office can read them on a PC as is, or if they need to be converted by the DTG conduit first.
    Considering in the newest versions of DocsToGo, there is no longer a native DTG format, I'd have to assume that it can create and edit MS format files.
    At the preview I was told it DocsToGo will view and edit word and excel files and will view powerpoint slides but not edit them.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    At the preview I was told it DocsToGo will view and edit word and excel files and will view powerpoint slides but not edit them.
    That sucks, it is always good to be able to do last minute tweaks to a presentation. I could understand not doing it on a Palm but the Foleo seems like it should be able to.

One question about spreadsheets: can you at least resize the rows like a desktop spreadsheet? That always bugged the crap out of me about the Palm client. How 'Excel' like does it seem?
    Head of biz dev? Was it one of the ladies? Or the guy that was close to the front? I wouldn't mind if they released a 680 updater since I'm not planning on picking one up right away. But that doesn't sound so optimal for the 680 guys that want to get a foleo on release day.
    The guy close to the front, "Adam."
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Actually, the version we have on the device now does allow edits to slides. You can only change text, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobco View Post
    Does the Foleo email client sync with Goodlink?

Can it handle Rich Text or HTML emails via sync? To me this is the killer app. The text conversion on Goodlink is annoying. Apparently, WM6 will support HTML.
    The only email clients that we sync with right now are VersaMail 4.0 (Palm OS) and Pocket Outlook (WM) which comes with the Foleo. It does view HTML email.