Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I am going to the SF Sneak Peek tomorrow!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!
    update us as soon as you are able k how i wish i had one in my place
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Going to NYC tonight. Hope its worth the effort. I want to see how DTG runs a PowerPoint.
    I love the thought of the Foleo and plan on whipping out my credit card on 8/22(fingers crossed). I have noticed that no one has responded to the "no printer support" answer noted earlier. This could be a problem for me. When back to the office I almost always need to print something that I have worked on(so much for the paperless office), do I have to still rely on a desktop for this?

Side question, check to see how DTG does powerpoint with animations within a slide, not just slide transitions.
    Thanks
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Does it at least do generic IP printing? I can't believe there is nothing
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I think it'll be there in time especially if the executive types buy into this. Oh wait, executives have their secretary print their email for them then they read it. Well maybe their secretaries will need printer support.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markatdvcrc View Post
    I love the thought of the Foleo and plan on whipping out my credit card on 8/22(fingers crossed). I have noticed that no one has responded to the "no printer support" answer noted earlier. This could be a problem for me. When back to the office I almost always need to print something that I have worked on(so much for the paperless office), do I have to still rely on a desktop for this?
    I have a feeling it's only a matter of time... Palm has more developers that are going to announce apps, and if not now, we're bound to see something shortly after launch day.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    I have a feeling it's only a matter of time... Palm has more developers that are going to announce apps, and if not now, we're bound to see something shortly after launch day.
    The thing is I don't want to have to pay $29.95 for printer support like you have to do on the Palm. On a modern device this should just be present. It was OK in '97 but not in '07.
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    We may see something in an update from Palm... or someone may put out an IP printing app as a free download.
    Please look for my Foleo swag up on eBay. Just kidding.

The Sneak Preview rocked! Since I fiddled with that Foleo I count the seconds it takes my Macbook to turn on. And don't even try to get into Word for Mac, it tortures me.

The feel and heft of the device floored me. I think to give a reference on the weight, I need to fall back to another Mac reference.

I can't easily manipulate my Macbook with one hand, but the Foleo gave me no problem.

If you blog or write, they designed this machine for you. It's compact with a great battery life. I'm tired of scanning under tables in the coffee shop for power plugs. The ladies in the place think I'm a perv.

You must touch it to see how different it is.

Beamster. Are you the guy who dropped his camera on the floor while we were talking to the blond lady at the second table at the Grove?
    I can't wait to see the Foleo today. I actually think this device might have a future. I don't know that the first gen will be a big seller (and I will most likely not buy one), but gen 2 or 3 might be interesting.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoore View Post
    I can't easily manipulate my Macbook with one hand, but the Foleo gave me no problem.

If you blog or write, they designed this machine for you. It's compact with a great battery life. I'm tired of scanning under tables in the coffee shop for power plugs. The ladies in the place think I'm a perv.
    Well maybe they wouldn't think that if you would just quit manipulating your Macbook one-handed.

(I can get away with saying that since we're family and all...)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    hahahaha

If I can get off my lazy **** that just woke up... maybe I can get myself to try to sneak into the sneak peak.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the current lack of printing capability. Keep in mind this this is a device that's going to attract considerably more attention from the open source community than other Palm devices, which have primarly attracted proprietary shareware developers. The idea of having to pay for a printing utility on a Linux device is unlikely. If I wrote shareware, I certainly wouldn't waste my time writing something that will have an robust open source equivalent within months. The first Linux hacker who finds himself unable to print on the Foleo and finds that offensive will probably spend a week hacking CUPS, then releasing the code. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by the speed and volume of Free/Open Source ports and hacks for the Foleo in the next few months.

Also, the Foleo is an interim mobile device by design, not a workstation (hence the "not a laptop" qualifiers). In general use, would sync DTG on the Treo to the desktop, then print docs from the desktop.
    2 hours till show time here
    It's really not such a bad device. I could definitely see people buying this, and I understand Jeff's vision of "more popular than Treos and PDAs". Don't necessarily agree with that opinion but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I'm loving the responses. It seems that most people that finally get to see/touch/fondle/and one hand it *snicker* are looking forward to the release. I can't wait!!
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hello from the San Francisco event! We have WiFi!

I am posting this from a Foleo. Amy from Palm says, "Hi!"

More later...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    How strict are they on letting non-registered people in? I'm thinking about hopping on Muni soon, hoping to be let in somewhat near the end...

(And I REALLY want one of those Palm coffee tumblers in the gift bag. I don't care about anything else, well... the gum's kinda cool too... but I really want that tumbler. If it's possible to save one for me somehow... *hint hint*)
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Hello from the San Francisco event! We have WiFi!

I am posting this from a Foleo. Amy from Palm says, "Hi!"

More later...
    You people are killing us here in the Austin area. All your excitement. It just isn't fair. Ben, help us out man.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast