Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Chupa,

I don't know if I agree with you that if the Foleo worked as a Treo companion that the market would be inconsequential. However, as described by Palm, it is niche product catering to smartphones particularly Treos smartphones (at least at the moment) and that is a niche of a niche market. So by definition the market would be small. Nevertheless, I think there is utility to a device that allows for a big screen and keyboard for the things done on a Treo that would be aided by a big screen and keyboard like creating/editing a spreadsheet or word doc.

In any event, it seems to me that this capability is the Foleo's sole distinguishing trait and if it can not do this reliably and well then I am not seeing the point because it surely cannot compete as a compact/mini laptop. And I would suggest that if that is what the Foleo ultimately is then the market for it will definitely be inconsequential.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't mind negative criticism so much. When I go check out movie reviews at rottentomatoes.com I like to read the negative reviews first before I read the positive ones. They keep things in balance since this is a Foleo forum.

The polls are skewed since there are plenty of people who don't like/care about the Foleo that they never see the Polls at all because they don't ever step foot in these forums.

But of course seeing the same negative comments over and over again can get tiresome. (The same can be said about the same positive comments. I try to not repeat myself, but I'm not completely innocent there.)

Without the device released into the wild, there is just so much that we can talk about. Imagine if there weren't any Sneak Peeks, and just one giant trade show that most regular people couldn't attend. We'd be treading the same paths even more.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I don't mind negative criticism so much. When I go check out movie reviews at rottentomatoes.com I like to read the negative reviews first before I read the positive ones. They keep things in balance since this is a Foleo forum.

The polls are skewed since there are plenty of people who don't like/care about the Foleo that they never see the Polls at all because they don't ever step foot in these forums.

But of course seeing the same negative comments over and over again can get tiresome. (The same can be said about the same positive comments. I try to not repeat myself, but I'm not completely innocent there.)

Without the device released into the wild, there is just so much that we can talk about. Imagine if there weren't any Sneak Peeks, and just one giant trade show that most regular people couldn't attend. We'd be treading the same paths even more.
    Well put Gerome.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    That's the thing, as I understand it, the point of this thread is to impose on those lucky few who are attending these Sneak Peeks and get answers to our questions thru them since the device is not in the wild. I was just hoping to get answers to the basic functionality questions (you might disagree that my question were basic ) instead of the apparent focus on other more advanced capabilities or the lack thereof.

Also don't mind the 'negative' posts as long as they have something productive to say. I could be argued that such a post is not actually negative. For example, Chupa's post was not exactly positive, but it certainly included some good information and added to the discussion.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    Then go buy it and spend your time playing with it instead of filling this forum with negative comments. We understand you don't think much of the Foleo and that's fine. To each his own. But it is tiring to read your negative comments in so many threads. However you might think about buying a Foleo so you can check email while your Acer is booting.
    If you tired reading negative comment then don't read my post too, I'm quite tired reading Foleo sneak peak, review, or other info at other board on blog. And here you just complaining about my personal opinion about Chupa post. And I think there are no Rules not allowing me to give negative comment!

If you are a Foleo fanatic, then goods to you , I'm the one of Foleo fanatics out there before, I come here to seek some answer about Foleo, and I got all answer from Chupa.

I'm a Palm warrior at other board, make other polls about Foleo opinion there, and believe me the mayority said NO buying Foleo. I stand against them. I look Foleo as Next future of Laptop. even Palm not claimed it as Laptop, but info flows more from people attend at Palm invitation, and I truly surprise what I expect a lot of Foleo not come true. Foleo really failed me. But the device not yet release. Maybe something will happen, even I'm very pesimistic about Palm commitment to improve Foleo more before it released.

So my last word for you, stop attacking people, because I'm sure I read more negative posts then you at many board, not just here. And how much I give negative comment here, my total post no more then 11.
    But of course seeing the same negative comments over and over again can get tiresome.
    There's this one person with this same complaint I've heard probably over twenty times...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Can't we all just get along?
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post
    From the posts I have read, I do not recall a single one that mentions a Treo actually paired (at the time of the meet up) with a Foleo; and I do not recall a single post that talks about a Foleo doing anything I mentioned above that it is supposed to do. I guess I can understand attendees trying to fit the Foleo into the paradigm they want but why are there no posts about a demo by a Palm rep at one of these meetings creating a Word document on the Foleo and the words with formatting instantaneously showing up on the Treo, stories of how once paired when you launch DocsToGo on the Foleo it launches DocsToGo on the Treo, a new doc is opened on the Foleo and it is mirrored on the Treo (or however it works). How about something as simply as, if the Treo is paired with a Foleo what happens when you get a call? Can you answer the call? Can you use a BT headset to do so?
    Two out of the three Foleos paired with Treos during the first Sneak Preview (my avatar shows one). One out of thee paired during the second. What the Foleo synchs out of the box are [Edit: three, not two] three things, and only three things: contacts, email and email attachments. DTG documents that are not email attachments are not synched. I haven't seen multipairing (e.g. answering a call while online via DUN) in operation, so maybe Ben can chime in here.
    Last edited by Gameboy70; 07/25/2007 at 10:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    RoninKSB, your questions are really valid. There have been posts that stated the Foleo were running tethered to Treos for internet the whole night at some sneak peak events. Other posts, especially by BCombee if I'm not mistaken, tell us that email will sync fairly well. I don't recall reading anything else about file/doc/photo sync. The office doc sync would be huge. Auto media sync (Treo photos & videos -> Foleo) would be sweet.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910