1.    #1  
    They've got a relatively big space in the exhibit hall.
    Exhibitor List
    pdf floor plan

Considering the importance of Linux developers to the future of both the Foleo and the Treo, I'd expect Palm to open up a bit by then. Maybe they'll be smart enough to announce an SDK on 8/6.

At the same time, ACCESS has a bigger space and is sponsoring an "ACCESS Developer Day" on 8/7.
    It looks like there'll be a presentation on the ACCESS Linux Platform and a "Garnet VM Compatibility Station." Interesting.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    It looks like there'll be a presentation on the ACCESS Linux Platform and a "Garnet VM Compatibility Station." Interesting.
    C'mon Palm, let the Foleo run Garnet apps as desktop accessories at twice the Palm resolution, and sync the DB and prefs back to the Palm. That would be nice. Right there they would have a huge library of 'native' apps.
  4.    #4  
    Apparently there'll just be some developers and apps with Palm at LinuxWorld, but no SDK. I was hoping we'd be getting some info on the Linux Treo via an SDK release.
    http://www.gearlog.com/2007/07/hands...palm_foleo.php

Other news:
    128 MB RAM
    No SDHC support.
    The processor is fast enough to handle video.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Yes, that sparked my imagination too, but then I had it explained to me that it's unlikely that Foleo will benefit from these ACCESS Linux Platform features because of some bad blood between Palm and ACCESS. Pity. It's frustrating to imagine Palm competing with ACCESS for Linux developer mindshare.

This is all speculation. Maybe Palm and ACCESS will make up and issue some sexy joint announcements at the conference. Garnet VM ported to Foleo? Foleo SDK based on ALP Developer Tools? How sweet 'twould be.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The processor is fast enough to handle video.
    Wow this is the first time i heard of that. I hope its accurate