1.    #1  
    Nice little review up with video.

For those wondering, in this video they do show the AC plug for the device...

As has been reported/speculated, there is no brick on it--it looks very much like the Treo adapter (though it is not the same). So that's a huge benefit for myself as I hate lugging around a laptop AC/DC adapter when I travel.

Palm Foleo First Thoughts
    - Ed Hardy

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    No brick, but the plug is different than the Treo. For an overnight trip you would need to pack two transformers... not very Zen-like.

If the price were, say, $100, it would be a pretty nice addon --- especially if you just bought an iPhone!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tftp View Post
    No brick, but the plug is different than the Treo. For an overnight trip you would need to pack two transformers... not very Zen-like.

If the price were, say, $100, it would be a pretty nice addon --- especially if you just bought an iPhone!
    Agreed, it would be fantastic if it took the same plug. Maybe they could have an adapter?

But consider it this way: If you were take you laptop and a Treo, you'd still have to take an AC/DC brick and your Treo adapter or USB plug for charging.

So with the Foleo at least it is much smaller and it can also charge the Treo via USB too. Fact is, the Foleo just has more power requirements than a Treo--can't escape that.

Plus with 5 hour battery life (BT/Wifi always on; more so if you turn them off), you could skip the charger altogether for 1-2 day trips.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Yep, I read somewhere you can charge a Treo from the Foleo's USB jack, so all you need is a retractable USB Treo charging travel cable. And you already have one of those, right?

I travel with the Treo USB travel kit now, and would just continue to do so.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Yep, I read somewhere you can charge a Treo from the Foleo's USB jack, so all you need is a retractable USB Treo charging travel cable. And you already have one of those, right?

I travel with the Treo USB travel kit now, and would just continue to do so.
    But the Million dollar question....!

Does the USB port stay "powered" even when the device is "off" and charging? (I'm under the impression that USB ports get un-powered when the device is in standby on a lot devices)

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But the Million dollar question....!

Does the USB port stay "powered" even when the device is "off" and charging? (I'm under the impression that USB ports get un-powered when the device is in standby on a lot devices)
    There's a setting in the System Preferences labeled "Stay on while plugged in". If you've got that set, the device should stay in ready mode with the USB port powered while its connected to the wall charger.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    There's a setting in the System Preferences labeled "Stay on while plugged in". If you've got that set, the device should stay in ready mode with the USB port powered while its connected to the wall charger.
    Brilliant!

That's great for traveling then--just one AC plug for the Foleo and one USB plug to charge the Treo.

Considering that the 680 does charge via USB, this is excellent news.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I rarely cary an AC adapter for my Treo when I travel. My MacBook Pro keeps the USB ports powered when sleeping so all I've got to bring is a USB sync and charge cable for my Treo
    laptop "brick" chargers arent as bad as they use to be, here is a pic of my laptop brick beside my 650 & my 650 & 755 oem chargers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    laptop "brick" chargers arent as bad as they use to be, here is a pic of my laptop brick beside my 650 & my 650 & 755 oem chargers
    Nice brick! The Foleo is sounding v.good from recent reviews - for business ppl that is who don't need power apps...sounds like a good communication device..now all they need are apps!
    hi all,
    i'm really considering this device. how do you connect it to the internet? is it like connecting via DUN with a laptop? if so, does that mean i can connect it via USB/Bluetooth and use this:
    http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html
    if so, that's awesome!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    It uses your Treo's connection or WiFi 802.11b.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.