1.    #1  
    Now I dont think it matters if we have Sprint, Verizon, Cell One, Cingular, etc tethering you device to laptop or such is considered tethering and requires you to pay extra. Will connecting your Foleo to another device cost extra? Or is that included in you data plan. Example Sprint Power Vision.
    From what someone posted here, it seems that you won't need the extra tethering plan (PAM on Sprint), though we need some official confirmation on this.

Either bcombee or when one of us go to the Sneak Peak should get that answered soon.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    From what someone posted here, it seems that you won't need the extra tethering plan (PAM on Sprint), though we need some official confirmation on this.

Either bcombee or when one of us go to the Sneak Peak should get that answered soon.
    No tethering plan is needed for Email sync, but support for Bluetooth DUN, which usually requires a tethering plan, is needed for using Bluetooth to connect to the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    No tethering plan is needed for Email sync, but support for Bluetooth DUN, which usually requires a tethering plan, is needed for using Bluetooth to connect to the Internet.
    Sounds about right, unfortuante as it may be. I wouldn't think the carriers would allow you guys to bypass the NAI for the Foleo and since it is business orientated, they usually have no problems with paying for tethering plans.

I guess all I could hope for is one or two things:

1) access to the DUN settings on the Foleo, so that the user can manually bypass NAI. We do this now often on PCs via XP's networking connections e.g. dialup #777 as the modem number. In other words, a nice unsupported hack.

2) Junefabric's knows linux and can make a Foleo version of PDAnet

I'm just throwing that out there...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    SJunefabric's knows linux and can make a Foleo version of PDAnet
    I emailed June Fabrics; they said "no plans to develop for the Foleo at this point." I'm hoping that changes by launch day--we'll have to see.

For that matter, I'd like to see PDAReach for the Foleo too.