JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    He's the CEO of a major corporation and he say's he flies coach. I'm not quite sure about that one.

The bottom line for me isn't the utility but the price. I'd love one Jeff but I'm not giving you $600 for one. No way.
    I tried to RTFA. Were there any Hawkins comments there? I browsed there with my 750 (note to Palm--make your blog a little more smartphone friendly by reducing the size of the graphics perhaps? Or get a treo.blog.palm.com style?) and there was an intro paragraph and a paragraph offering more insight later. Nothing in the middle. Kinda like a roast beef sandwich minus the meat. And the mustard.

So what did Hawkins say?
    Jeff is brilliant, but an odd bird.
    Did he explain why it's $600 for what you get, when you can get a full laptop for $600 or a little more, if you're going to spend that much? That's all I want to know at this time, why they placed themselves in almost direct competition with low-end laptops at that price point.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Anyone else having problems accessing the Palm blog this morning? In particular that Jeff Hawkins story. IE7 keeps shutting down everytime I attempt to open the site.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Anyone else having problems accessing the Palm blog this morning? In particular that Jeff Hawkins story. IE7 keeps shutting down everytime I attempt to open the site.
    I can access the Blog with Firefox, and the latest entry announces the Interview, but I can't see the Interview itself.

The entry says "We know this barely scratches the surface of everything out there......"

Never were truer words spoken!

Maybe the Blog can sense and block visitors with anti-foleo sentiments???
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    It's an audio interview and requires a Quicktime plug-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I tried to RTFA. Were there any Hawkins comments there? I browsed there with my 750 (note to Palm--make your blog a little more smartphone friendly by reducing the size of the graphics perhaps? Or get a treo.blog.palm.com style?) and there was an intro paragraph and a paragraph offering more insight later. Nothing in the middle. Kinda like a roast beef sandwich minus the meat. And the mustard.

So what did Hawkins say?
    Yeah well, if you really want that site to look good on the go, you should just get a Foleo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Yeah well, if you really want that site to look good on the go, you should just get a Foleo.
    That's funny.