Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Well, the lack of a PIM in the Foleo was a big glaring hole. Glad to see them filling it. They don't make it clear whether it'll be pre-installed. It'd be dumb if it weren't.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Though I'm really happy to hear it, but will these be free bundled apps or add another $75 onto the price? And the Astraware offerings don't really bring any productivity enhancements to the Foleo. In fact, games on a Treo aren't an issue in the way mobile business apps can be. Bejeweled is lovely on a Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Well, the lack of a PIM in the Foleo was a big glaring hole. Glad to see them filling it. They don't make it clear whether it'll be pre-installed. It'd be dumb if it weren't.
    I kinda thought the same thing.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I would have expected a price if they were going to sell it, but this could just be a ploy to make people think it's free and try to lessen all of the bad press.

Joe
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97 View Post
    I would have expected a price if they were going to sell it, but this could just be a ploy to make people think it's free and try to lessen all of the bad press.

Joe
    Most companies place a boilerplate remark into their PRs such as Pricing yet to be determined or such if the intent is to offer a product for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Just to be sure, I would need to learn three different PIMs to keep track of my stuff: Datebook (or equivalent) in Palm OS, Outlook (or Entourage), and now mDayscape? Cheap, last-minute kludges like this seem to ooze the odor of panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Just to be sure, I would need to learn three different PIMs to keep track of my stuff: Datebook (or equivalent) in Palm OS, Outlook (or Entourage), and now mDayscape? Cheap, last-minute kludges like this seem to ooze the odor of panic.
    Kupe,
    There's plenty to criticize about the Foleo. But your latest post is just silly. You're compaining about how difficult mDayscape will be to use without having tried it, and your claim that it's "cheap" and "last-minute" is equally baseless. 'Fess up; have you shorted PALM stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Just to be sure, I would need to learn three different PIMs to keep track of my stuff: Datebook (or equivalent) in Palm OS, Outlook (or Entourage), and now mDayscape? ...
    Let me get my violin.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It would have been nice to see an updated (online?) Palm Desktop that was the same on any desktop you used. The comment about three different PIM apps makes some sense even if it isn't the biggest deal in the world. I worked on Palm Desktop 6 years ago and it barely has changed since then. The Mac client is in even worse shape. Some sort of attention on this part of the product would have been nice. I'd rather have a web client that I synced to wirelessly. Then viewing and updating my 'Palm Desktop' could then be done from any web client ala Google Calendar (why not partner with Google while you're at it?). You could forget about needing a desktop conduit, everything could just be done from the Treo.

If you do have to pay for the PIM suite that will be pretty sad indeed.
    Seems nice. I bet it's included. PIM is quite important!

There is also this:

Maps and directions
    - click the contact's address line and mDayscape will show you the map or directions to that address.

Even more to come - mDayscape will be available the same day that Palm Foleo hits the stores. And by Q4/2007 MotionApps will release additional software modules for Foleo PIM that will extend usefulness of mDayscape and boost your productivity even more. Among other things, you will be able to:

* Share your calendars with your co-workers
    * Access other people's calendars and plan meetings according to availability of participants
    * Exchange your PIM data with popular on-line services, such as Google or Yahoo! calendars or corporate back-ends.
    * And much, much more...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    mDayscape will be available the same day that Palm Foleo hits the stores
    That gives me the impression that it isn't bundled and therefore probably not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    That gives me the impression that it isn't bundled and therefore probably not free.
    I thought that too, but then again maybe they just want to imply that it'll be on the device from Day 1.

Right now it can be argued both ways: no prices or mentioning of sales, yet the above. Just have to wait and see...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am surprised that a release date hasn't been leaked. If 3rd party groups are involved way too many people know to keep it a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I thought that too, but then again maybe they just want to imply that it'll be on the device from Day 1.
    That seems like wishful thinking, but I hope I'm wrong. It's hard for me to read "available the same day" as "preinstalled."
    if means what I think it does, this is absolutely retarded! so I have to sync my treo to my computer with palm desktop but in order to sync the data to the foleo I have to run a completely different app??? this whole "companion" deal is really stupid!! way to complicate your life
  16.    #18  
    If anything the pics here look good.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...Dayscape-l.jpg

http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...olitaire-l.jpg

Hey its a start, if Palm can line up many more developers they may have something w/the Foleo.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    if means what I think it does, this is absolutely retarded! so I have to sync my treo to my computer with palm desktop but in order to sync the data to the foleo I have to run a completely different app??? this whole "companion" deal is really stupid!! way to complicate your life
    No. You don't have to sync anything with the Foleo. You don't have to run any program. Your life will be complication free. This app is only for people who actually own a Foleo. Not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    If anything the pics here look good.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...Dayscape-l.jpg

http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp...olitaire-l.jpg

Hey its a start, if Palm can line up many more developers they may have something w/the Foleo.
    I hope the blocky gradient on the solitaire screen isn't a sign of the Foleo's limited graphics capabilities...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast