Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Samkin relax lol ..I'm not trying to throw friction on why you would invest money into such A product in the year 2007-2008.Im just stating the fact that many consumers feel it,s not worth the time.That is well stated in the forums and poll that's provided in link above.If you or any either consumer feels 500.00 is worthy...spend your money..It's not my money.

compare specs on both devices.
    I'm buying 2 Eee for 400.00..It just to good of a deal for me to pass up.

My Take
    The Eee is equivalent to a DVD player
    The fooleo is equivalent to a VCR

I'm sorry we don't agree yet I'm not speaking for you.
    I do wish you great happiness in your fooleo purchase

Phil C

Also Adding,
    When you own one please do a review on it.I would be very interested on your take of the device.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/17/2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Also adding
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Samkin relax lol ..I'm not trying to throw friction on why you would invest money into such A product in the year 2007-2008.Im just stating the fact that many consumers feel it,s worth the time.That is well stated in the forums and poll that's provided in link above.If you or any either consumer feels 500.00 is worthy...spend your money..It's not my money.

compare specs on both devices.
    I'm buying 2 Eee for 400.00..It just to good of a deal for me to pass up.

My Take
    The Eee is equivalent to a DVD player
    The fooleo is equivalent to a VCR

I'm sorry we don't agree yet I'm not speaking for you.
    I do wish you great happiness in your fooleo purchase

Phil C
    Why do you call it a fooleo? To me, it's a childish way of arguing, and I mean that to be just as insulting as your comment is.

As for buying the $199 Eee, if you prefer using a smaller device and being limited to 3.5 hours of use at a time, that's fine. It's a trade-off you're willing to make.

Btw, I never said I was buying a Foleo. My posts aren't about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Why do you call it a fooleo? To me, it's a childish way of arguing, and I mean that to be just as insulting as your comment is.

As for buying the $199 Eee, if you prefer using a smaller device and being limited to 3.5 hours of use at a time, that's fine. It's a trade-off you're willing to make.

Btw, I never said I was buying a Foleo. My posts aren't about me.
    Good luck samkim
    3.5 hours is more than enough for me. I can't think of many uses where I'd need more. Now those same situations the foleo with more battery life won't do me any good.
    Airplane: The most common place you have no access to power, you can't use a foleo on an airplane. It's completely wireless and bluetooth isn't allowed.
    Nearly any other case I would expect to be able to find power.
    And this is constant use. If you power it down, hybernate, or suspend it. Or use windows battery optimization to power off the screen after 5 min of sitting idle, you'll potentially get more. I'm not sure if you could lower the CPU speed with these ultra mobile Intel CPUs they put in these things.

Does the EEE not have a removable battery (you can bring a spare?)
    Does the Foloeo?
    You also need the Treo to last as long as the Foleo's battery (at constant use.)

I don't see the 3.5 hour battery life as being issue at all.
    Last edited by taylorh; 06/17/2007 at 01:43 PM.
  5.    #85  
    Pictures of the 10" version:

Taken from Asus Reviews
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Palm's only hope with the Foleo would be to get the cost down to $200. I would actually love one at that price (and I have to assume you can use Docs to Go without auto-syncing to the Treo, therefor do something with it on a plane.

If it does have the same hardware and software as a Treo (Linux OS is the same or similar) I have to imagine something like TCPMP could be developed for it, allowing you to watch videos (but maybe not Flash, btw I read Opera is developing their own Flash plug in that works better on mobile devices. Who knows how long that will take or how well it will work, but anyway, it's in the works.)

But the Foleo isn't going to perform as well as the Asus. Palm better have some slick stuff to show when the device debuts, maybe there is a whole lot that they haven't shown us yet.
    so will the 7inch & 10 inch versions be the same size physically? because the 7inch version looks like its wasting about 3inches worth of screen real estate with the border around the screen... I might have to hold out for the 10 inch version... 2008 is a long time to hold off my inner geek...
    HTC Touch Pro
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    so will the 7inch & 10 inch versions be the same size physically? because the 7inch version looks like its wasting about 3inches worth of screen real estate with the border around the screen... I might have to hold out for the 10 inch version... 2008 is a long time to hold off my inner geek...
    The border around the 7" version is to compensate for the full size keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post

one of the posters in one of the other forums, speculated that they could use the same form factor and just add the bigger monitor.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I think I'll buy the 7". Then when the 10" comes out, I'll ebay my 7" and buy the 10".... This is all based on me not being able to wait until this amazing device is released
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    You're just trolling now. You have no idea what you're talking about and are still posting about this.

Maybe you don't remember, or weren't around, or whatever, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For a season, Palm offered on their web site an upgrade rebate program, where if you bought a new Treo from them, and sent in your old Treo they'd give you a check for a specified amount. When it came down to it, though, people started reporting they weren't receiving their checks, or their checks were for a fraction of what was advertised. When they complained to Palm, they just said it wasn't their problem because they dealt with it through a 3rd party company and couldn't do anything about it.

That's why I'm skeptical about promises Palm makes about rebate offers. They have a real verifiable history of screwing us with them.

Edit: The program was called Palm Tradeups. Do a search.
    I did a search. I did not know about this, however what they did doesn't seem so bad... Looks like people didn't understand what they were agreeing to.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad View Post
    I think I'll buy the 7". Then when the 10" comes out, I'll ebay my 7" and buy the 10".... This is all based on me not being able to wait until this amazing device is released
    I'm right there with ya. If the 10" was like a 2-3 months away or something I'd just wait. But we're talking about 9 months. Since it's only $300 (8GB) I'll get the 7" now. If I end up liking it then I'll the the 10" when it comes out. You never know, something better could come along (or not.)
    But I never sell things on ebay. I suppose I could start. I was just going to keep it for various uses or give it to a relative.

I believe the same form factor is used for the 701 and 1001. The 7" screen just has a large bezel, the 10" fills the whole lid.
    Based on the pictures, the 701 and 1001 seem to be different form factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Based on the pictures, the 701 and 1001 seem to be different form factors.
    Different chassis it would seem, but very similar in size. I took the liberty of placing them side-by-side. Note the similar keyboard size, similar trackpad size with the only big difference being the larger framed (bezel) area around the 7" version. Looks to me like the overall package size is nigh identical.
    Looks cheap - plastic
    Only 3 hour battery?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Looks cheap - plastic
    Only 3 hour battery?
    $200.
    Doesn't matter.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    As compared to what?
    What are you talking about? For 200 dollars it doesn't matter if it looks cheap or if it has 3 hours of battery life. It's 200 dollars!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    What are you talking about? For 200 dollars it doesn't matter if it looks cheap or if it has 3 hours of battery life. It's 200 dollars!
    My bad, I was referring the above comment
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Looks cheap - plastic
    Only 3 hour battery?
    , I should have quoted the text. I'm using Opera Mini 4 beta and am getting used to it LOL.

I totally agree with you. It's $200... It IS cheap. I don't think it looks poorly built. And what-l wrong with 3 hours? Isn't that typical for a laptop? My Thinkpad gets maybe 2.5 hours. Besides, why does someone need more? Carry a spare battery or the wall plug if you really need those hours.
    Last edited by taylorh; 06/19/2007 at 12:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    I agree with LoganT, where else can you buy a ultramobile that is $200 with Linux (the OLPC does not count as its not for commercial sale)? If its a $600 machine (like the foleo), you do expect it to be a little more efficient and does what it says it does and more (the product should delight the customer.. I guess Palm forgot this slogan a long time ago).
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    My bad, I was referring t the above comment "looks cheap, plasticy, etc...", I should have quoted the text. I'm using Opera Mini 4 beta and am getting usde to it LOL.

I totally agree with you. It's $200... It IS cheap. I don't think it looks poorly built. And what-l wrong with 3 hours? Isn't that typical for a laptop? My Thinkpad gets maybe 2.5 hours. Besides, why does someone need more? Carry a spare battery or the wall plug if you really need those hours.
    Oh sorry then. I'm trying out Opera Mini 4 on my Pearl as we speak. I'm liking it.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast