Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Six hundred. You'll be lucky to get the $100 back from Palm as a mail-in rebate judging by Palms current record with them.
    Ok... So you are accusing Palm of fraud. Riiiiight.

You obviously have an axe to grind with Palm so I expect that you will bash anything they do, no matter how good it may be.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Money well spent imo.
    You can't be serious.
    Ok enough please. Can we stop talking about the Foleo (and Palm) in this thread?
    There are already plenty of those.
    I'd like to keep this on the Asus EEEPC if nobody minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Ok enough please. Can we stop talking about the Foleo (and Palm) in this thread?
    There are already plenty of those.
    I'd like to keep this on the Asus EEEPC if nobody minds.
    If this thread were not in the Foleo section of TreoCentral, then sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Ok... So you are accusing Palm of fraud. Riiiiight.

You obviously have an axe to grind with Palm so I expect that you will bash anything they do, no matter how good it may be.
    You're just trolling now. You have no idea what you're talking about and are still posting about this.

Maybe you don't remember, or weren't around, or whatever, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For a season, Palm offered on their web site an upgrade rebate program, where if you bought a new Treo from them, and sent in your old Treo they'd give you a check for a specified amount. When it came down to it, though, people started reporting they weren't receiving their checks, or their checks were for a fraction of what was advertised. When they complained to Palm, they just said it wasn't their problem because they dealt with it through a 3rd party company and couldn't do anything about it.

That's why I'm skeptical about promises Palm makes about rebate offers. They have a real verifiable history of screwing us with them.

Edit: The program was called Palm Tradeups. Do a search.
    Last edited by CountBuggula; 06/15/2007 at 05:31 PM.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    You can't be serious.
    Look, the best gadget I EVER owned was a 720 Jornada, that thing cost a thousand bucks and only did what a palm 5 did (the best palm had to offer at the time) which was only 200 back then. It was just an instant on PDA that did email, word processing, surfed the web. I used it so many places where I wouldn't have pulled out my laptop. It got old, I sold it in favor of a smartphone and I have missed ever since. I feel like the only drawback to the Foleo is having to have a treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    You can't be serious.

why cant he be serious?

why is it just because someone has a certin feeling about a device, everyone else has to have the same feeling?

Say something nice about the foleo, and have your judgement questioned. Say something bad about the IPhone and get dismissed as a palm fan boy, ms fan boy, an apple hater or a big doof.

this device has its place, just like the asus and any other umpc.

I doubt anyone will but the foleo, just because palm built it (imho, they dont have that type of fan base).

PPL will see what it can do as opposed to other "like" devices and make a choice. I believe ppl will buy it. I dont believe a lot of ppl will buy it.

Maybe companies with a larg sale force will buy a ton of them. It can have a place with IT staffs where they dont want to give there users a lot of choices.

i am alot more like to buy the asus than to buy the foleo, but if the foleo could play video (which I'm told it isnt), the decision would be tougher.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    why cant he be serious?

why is it just because someone has a certin feeling about a device, everyone else has to have the same feeling?

Say something nice about the foleo, and have your judgement questioned. Say something bad about the IPhone and get dismissed as a palm fan boy, ms fan boy, an apple hater or a big doof.

this device has its place, just like the asus and any other umpc.

I doubt anyone will but the foleo, just because palm built it (imho, they dont have that type of fan base).

PPL will see what it can do as opposed to other "like" devices and make a choice. I believe ppl will buy it. I dont believe a lot of ppl will buy it.

Maybe companies with a larg sale force will buy a ton of them. It can have a place with IT staffs where they dont want to give there users a lot of choices.

i am alot more like to buy the asus than to buy the foleo, but if the foleo could play video (which I'm told it isnt), the decision would be tougher.
    I'm saying 600 dollars for a laptop keyboard and a 10" screen is rediculous.
    I agree Felipe. The Foleo just isn't cost effective at retail, is my only real gripe. I don't think Palm will be selling these at $600 a pop to corporations!! Unless the accountants are asleep or just don't care what the company spends money on! Because I bet you they could get basic laptops at that price! Maybe less. Corporate discounts will probably come into play.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well said Felipe
    Soo...if the Eee PC had bluetooth, I'd buy it.

Seems like all of these value-minded miniLaptops that are sprouting up skimp in at least one way... but the Foleo seems to skimp a lot more than others.

2 Eee PCs and 2 bluetooth dongles means I can do sooo much more than I could with the Foleo, and have one badass present to give for a birthday or Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Soo...if the Eee PC had bluetooth, I'd buy it.

Seems like all of these value-minded miniLaptops that are sprouting up skimp in at least one way... but the Foleo seems to skimp a lot more than others.

2 Eee PCs and 2 bluetooth dongles means I can do sooo much more than I could with the Foleo, and have one badass present to give for a birthday or Christmas.
    It's $200. I don't think you can say they're skimping on anything at that price, you get what you pay for.
    I would love to see bluetooth as well, it would actually be a very nice for such a product but a bluetooth USB dongle will do the trick.
    I am a palm fan. And I think the Foleo isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. But in the end. No consumer is going to by a Foleo over this ASUS Eee PC, unless the just dont know about it.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    200.00 EEE is at the level of a DVD Player
    500.00 Fooleo is at the level of a VCR

A Palm customer that would still buy a VCR are the target audience .They are content with having much less... hmm why would they spend more to have much less.
    Ive tried to figure it out in lengthy discussions in threads && PM to the point were I was completely over TC hehe.
    Why stress..Who Cares..Palm doesnt so there track record shows.

Phil C

Oh yeah...Put me down for 2 Eee at the cost of 400.00 bucs..Im sold
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    I am a palm fan. And I think the Foleo isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. But in the end. No consumer is going to by a Foleo over this ASUS Eee PC, unless the just dont know about it.
    You're assuming that all consumers have the same preferences. That's the fallacy driving the delusion of some Foleo haters (not you) that people who claim to like the Foleo can't be real.

Some people will prefer a 5-hour battery life, a full-size keyboard, a 10 inch screen, smartphone integration, the Palm-designed UI, or the applications to be developed by the Palm developer community. Many people won't, and that's fine.

Desiging devices involves many trade-offs. Palm, like ASUS, figured there were a lot of people not satisfied with the existing mobile devices - 5 lb Windows laptops, $2000 notebooks with a short battery life, and UMPCs with small keyboards and screens. ASUS made some very different design decisions from Palm, and though they got a cheaper price, there will still be a lot of people who won't be satisfied with the Eee's limitations.

Remember that people are different. You, and people like you, will perhaps prefer the Eee. Others won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    200.00 EEE is at the level of a DVD Player
    500.00 Fooleo is at the level of a VCR

A Palm customer that would still buy a VCR are the target audience .They are content with having much less... hmm why would they spend more to have much less.
    Ive tried to figure it out in lengthy discussions in threads && PM to the point were I was completely over TC hehe.
    Why stress..Who Cares..Palm doesnt so there track record shows.

Phil C

Oh yeah...Put me down for 2 Eee at the cost of 400.00 bucs..Im sold
    If you take a look at all the laptop owners, what percent do you think need just a small fraction of the laptop's powers, using just email, browser, and basic Office functions?

Separately, if you look at all laptop owners, what percent do you think would want longer battery life?
    heheh Ive given up debate on the fooleo.I can only look at what it offers for 500 bucs a laugh.
    The poll and post within link below are the true answers you are looking for.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144083
    heheh Ive given up debate on the fooleo.I can only look at what it offers for 500 bucs a laugh.
    The poll and post within link below are the true answers you are looking for.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144083
    I asked those two questions for a reason. The Foleo wasn't designed around your needs.
    By the poll results and overall vibe of the potential user it seems not to be designed for there needs as well.I could be wrong. I'm just going by the poll results .Palm can figure the rest out
    Its palms future not mine.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/17/2007 at 10:47 AM.
    By the poll results and overall vibe of the potential user it seems not to be designed for there needs as well.I could be wrong. I'm just going by the poll results .Palm can figure the rest out
    Its palms future not mine.
    No. The poll, as simplistic as it is, shows that the Foleo, like most products, appeals to some people but not others. People who choose to buy a Foleo aren't irrational, as you imply; they just have different needs that you are unable to relate to.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast