Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    wow, this is what i called innovation. the foleo should sell at $50 bucks to be a bit competitive.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    4GB is just too limited. I'll gladly pay the extra for the 8GB. Since I plan to install windows I think the extra space is a little more important.
    The initial postings on this product said it'd be configurable up to 32GB of flash storage, so I was disappointed to see 4GB and 8GB options. I was hoping it was going to be 8 and 16, but I guess that's too costly.
    Maybe in a year or two future versions of this or similar products will have more for the same price.

You an use SD cards and USB external storage. Too bad the reader doesn't do CF cards, there are some nice size CF cards nowadays.
    If the Foleo can support SDHC cards, then it's amazing.
    http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Secure-D...bosnation0e-20
    I don't think anything is really to be stored on the Foleo... I think is just syncs the stuff you are using. The memory constraint is in the smartphone. Sooo a fistfull of 8gb cards will just about do anything.
    4GB is just too limited. I'll gladly pay the extra for the 8GB. Since I plan to install windows I think the extra space is a little more important.
    The initial postings on this product said it'd be configurable up to 32GB of flash storage, so I was disappointed to see 4GB and 8GB options. I was hoping it was going to be 8 and 16, but I guess that's too costly.
    Maybe in a year or two future versions of this or similar products will have more for the same price.

You an use SD cards and USB external storage. Too bad the reader doesn't do CF cards, there are some nice size CF cards nowadays.

excatly, why get the 200 one?

not an option for me.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I'm definitely getting one of these, but I've never used linux, can I run these apps on the included O/S without any problems?

- IM (yahoo/AIM/msn messenger) with the video conferencing options working
    - Firefox with flash support(youtube)
    - any kinda Divx/Xvid media player
    - mp3/wma player
    - BT dongle with a2dp support
    - MS Office apps

that's all I really need from this lil laptop, if linux can handle the above tasks I won't even bother loading xp
    There are Linux apps that do all of the above. Assuming they work on the hardware, you should be good to go. I'm not a Linux expert, but there are tons of places to get more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    If the Foleo can support SDHC cards, then it's amazing.
    http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Secure-D...bosnation0e-20
    Was that sarcasm? Sorry I was having a hard time figuring that out.
    Is SDHC just like an SD card?
  7.    #27  
    Was that sarcasm? Sorry I was having a hard time figuring that out.
    Is SDHC just like an SD card?
    The Asus supports SD cards, MS Pro Duo, and MMC. SD goes up to 2 GB's. SDHC stands for Secure Digital High Capacity which includes 4, 8, and 16 GB cards.
  8.    #28  
    Looks like the 10" version is going to be $299. What I'm getting from the article is that it's coming at the same time the 7" version is coming.

An Easy Price to Swallow
    Hsih also stated that ASUS plans to start shipping the units in July or August, with a target of selling 200,000 units this year all under the ASUS brand. Amid gasps from the audience, the Eee PC units were revealed to come in at an extremely competitive price of around USD $199 for the 7" units, and about USD $299 for the 10" version.
    http://usa.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=7405
    I'm a bit confused.
    $199 = 4GB / 7" screen?
    $299 = 8GB / 10" screen?
    I thought both were 7" and 10" would be next year.

Also I've read that both $199 and $299 would be in July/August and I assumed they were 7". But if $299 is 10", do we have to wait til next year to get 8MB + 10"?
    I'm very intersted in getting one in August. But I don't really want the 4MB. I wan the 8GB, but I'd still get that with 7" even if they were going to come out with an 8GB 10" next year.

The info is so spread out between these articles I'm having a hard time figuring out what model really comes with what.
    It'll just be a huge bummer if we have to wait a year for the $299 version.
  10.    #30  
    I'm a bit confused.
    $199 = 4GB / 7" screen?
    $299 = 8GB / 10" screen?
    I thought both were 7" and 10" would be next year.

Also I've read that both $199 and $299 would be in July/August and I assumed they were 7". But if $299 is 10", do we have to wait til next year to get 8MB + 10"?
    I'm very intersted in getting one in August. But I don't really want the 4MB. I wan the 8GB, but I'd still get that with 7" even if they were going to come out with an 8GB 10" next year.

The info is so spread out between these articles I'm having a hard time figuring out what model really comes with what.
    It'll just be a huge bummer if we have to wait a year for the $299 version.
    Well that comes from the Asus website. I'm under the impression that both are coming out at the same time now. $199 for the 7" 4 GB version, and $299 for the 10" 8 GB version.
    The ASUS webpage makes no mention of 4GB or 8GB flash drives. They just say 2GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The ASUS webpage makes no mention of 4GB or 8GB flash drives. They just say 2GB.
    I think this system is all hype... Think about the promise, vs. the price. Makes no sense.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Yes, but HotHardware is reporting that.

There will be at least two different models of the Eee PC, with the $199 version using a 4GB flash hard drive and the $299 version using a 8GB drive.
    http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/...%5FASUS%5FEee/
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    Yes, but HotHardware is reporting that.

http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/...%5FASUS%5FEee/
    Yes, I know.

The manufacturer says 2GB/7" for $199. And some website I've never heard of seems to contradict the manufacturer. Hmm.
    And btw, neither the manufacturer nor that website mentions pricing specifically on a 10"/8GB version.
  16.    #36  
    Even if it's only 2GB's for the 7", it's still a good deal. It's plenty for me, as I only plan to web browse on it. If you want to do a bunch of stuff then this isn't for you, get a laptop. Not only that, it uses SSD which I assume is user upgradeable.
    Actually the Foleo is a better deal, it has a 10" screen, and virtually limitless memory (because the memory it uses is the memory of YOUR SMARTPHONE), the flash ram is just for synchronization purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Actually the Foleo is a better deal, it has a 10" screen, and virtually limitless memory (because the memory it uses is the memory of YOUR SMARTPHONE), the flash ram is just for synchronization purposes.
    When did your smartphone get virtually unlimited memory?

Surur
    There are so many things wrong with that statement...I just don't even know where to start.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I think this system is all hype... Think about the promise, vs. the price. Makes no sense.
    They themselves have now made it clear all we're getting is 2GB. It was the other sites who hyped it. If they allow expansion cards, this could work as a true mobile companion for when you don't need a full laptop. If all you're doing is email and light browsing, this would work, same as the $600 Foleo. Is there storage allowed at all on the Foleo?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast