1.    #1  
    How about foleo vs. EEEpc vs. nanoBook
    which one would be buy for you ?

I will buy nanoBook , 1.2GHz CPU and battery lifetime "5hr "
    Either are better deals than the Foleo IMO! Tha NanoBook for the same price RULES!! Look at those features! Drool!

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6873084010.html

The Asus at $200 is pretty basic, but so is the Foleo at $400 more!

If they told me I HAD to spend $600( ), the NanoBook obviously! If they told me I can be flexible, I'd like to see the price of the 8GB Asus.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2000a View Post
    How about foleo vs. EEEpc vs. nanoBook
    which one would be buy for you ?

I will buy nanoBook , 1.2GHz CPU and battery lifetime "5hr "
    The nano books screen is a huge turn off (7-inch WVGA (840 x 480 pixel)) but it is touchscreen, which many here asked for (personally I hate touchscreens).

The Asus version is certainly very much competition for the Foleo and Palm should be concerned.

They have been saying for awhile that the OLPC project's newly developed technologies would trickle down into portable devices and sure enough, that's what is happening. Difference is those major companies are taking advantage of it.

At this point though I'd wait on the Asus for 2 reasons: price and screen size

I know they say it'll "Start at $199" at the basic level, but we really have to see how that pans out. I'd also prefer a 10" screen as 7" seems to be pushing it. Either way Asus generally makes solid designs.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    For those of you that think you will be able to own that eee laptop for $200, keep in mind a liscenced copy of windows is $299... So unless you want to deal with some strange unsupported OS, you can chalk that up to the expense of that thing.

Now of course if you want the thing to be anything faster than the typical PC you would throw away, you are going to need more ram...

That super affordable system is starting to look expensive.
    For those of you that think you will be able to own that eee laptop for $200, keep in mind a liscenced copy of windows is $299... So unless you want to deal with some strange unsupported OS, you can chalk that up to the expense of that thing.

Now of course if you want the thing to be anything faster than the typical PC you would throw away, you are going to need more ram...

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    For those of you that think you will be able to own that eee laptop for $200, keep in mind a liscenced copy of windows is $299...
    Riiiight But if you have to (which you really don't) retail version. Still 100 dollars less than you said.

So unless you want to deal with some strange unsupported OS, you can chalk that up to the expense of that thing.
    You can install Ubuntu Linux on it (FREE), or any other version of Linux you want. It's one of the most popular Linux distributions and has plenty of applications.

512 MB of ram is more than plenty for browsing websites and typing in documents (which is what it is intended for).

Wrong. Even if you were correct it still has more features for less money than the Foleo.
    Oh and the Asus that comes with Windows XP is 300 dollars.
    They have an XP version? Perfect! You can now FULLY sync your phone with that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    Oh and the Asus that comes with Windows XP is 300 dollars.
    Hey man, I am all over it if its truly as awesome as you think it will be.
    I really want to get one just to install linux. But I already have a nice Shuttle PC and a CD MBP. I could install Linux on those machines but it be cooler just to have one running soley linux.