Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You're purposely baiting me into a fight which does not exist. Any more posts like this and I'm simply reporting them.
    Wow. You can't be serious about reporting that post you linked to can you? That's one of the most innoucuous post I've seen.

Take heed everyone...Counting how many people are going to get (or are interested in) a Foleo is now a reportable offense.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Is that picture in another post the Asus minilaptop? How long before the Asus is available for pre-order, anyone know? That or something similar is GREAT for traveling!! Yes you could leave the big laptop at the office or home!

The Foleo would be great for traveling too, if it wasn't so watered down and rendered almost unnecessary because of that. I'd rather just take the Treo and deal with the screen and keyboard! Maybe if your eyesight is going bad, then you can use the Foleo. But honestly, any laptop could solve the same problems. Even you don't like them, $600 for even a slightly older used laptop that will still sync your Treo is a better deal than the Foleo(unless they lower the price).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ...You're purposely baiting me into a fight which does not exist. Any more posts like this and I'm simply reporting them.
    I thought Treocentral had finally gotten over this 8 year old behavior ("say that again and I'm going to tell mommy"). There was nothing untoward about that post, and if you're that easy to bait, heaven help you.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    I thought Treocentral had finally gotten over this 8 year old behavior ("say that again and I'm going to tell mommy"). There was nothing untoward about that post, and if you're that easy to bait, heaven help you.
    I think the whole Fooleo meme is juvenile, though hardly offensive. It's amazing that adults can get so much amusement from name calling and allow it to substitute for rational discussion.
    thanks.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    Simply put and what is evidently unknown to you and Insertion
    (not like there is a reason you should know) is oalvarez and I have a long, ugly posting history in the iPhone section which basically degenerated into ad-hominem and juvenile attacks. I posted here attempting to avoid such hostility and was met with his response.

E.g. "Malacrap", "malawhatever", "trash" are all things the adult oalvarez has called me. And now we have "Fooleo". Lets not talk about acting like 8-year olds.

His posts are just ignoring all my points and jumping right to implying that I'm a Palm fanboy and a hypocrite. His remarks are just a carry over of the hostility from that forum, which is why he even mentions Apple, something that has nothing to do with the Foleo.

I am merely pre-empting the possibility here so as to not ruin this thread and to spare you people the drama (in fairness I should have just PMd). Too late though as you all felt a need to volunteer your opinion on the matter without knowing the details.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/11/2007 at 12:25 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Wow. Insertion = samkin = oalvarez?

The mind boggles.

Why would Insertion waste his time? I'd always assumed he had a life.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    So you're saying Insertion is a Palm employee?

The mind boggles.
    Quite!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

The mind boggles.

Why would Insertion waste his time? I'd always assumed he had a life.

Who said they were the same?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post

As do I. The Asus EEE PC 701 can do this.
    For the price they are charging this thing is going to be so slow and powerless, it will only be able to do the same stuff the Foleo can do, it will just crash more and be slower to load anyting, and of course take forever to boot up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    For the price they are charging this thing is going to be so slow and powerless, it will only be able to do the same stuff the Foleo can do, it will just crash more and be slower to load anyting, and of course take forever to boot up.
    You don't know that. And I know, 15 seconds is such a long time. It's only supposed to do a couple things, browse the web and write text documents. You don't need that much power for that.
    You don't know that. And I know, 15 seconds is such a long time. It's only supposed to do a couple things, browse the web and write text documents. You don't need that much power for that.
    Dude... I DO know that, and so do you (though I admire your optimism).. With the proposed falshHD they are putting in, it can't even hold Windows 95 let alone Vista.
    Dude... I DO know that, and so do you (though I admire your optimism).. With the proposed falshHD they are putting in, it can't even hold Windows 95 let alone Vista.
    FlashDrives really intrigue me.

One option I'm considering is replacing my HDD on my Asus with this: CF Hard Drive Adapter. Throw in a 16gb flash card (32gb when the show up?) and I'm hoping to

1) reduce heat
    2) reduce fan noise
    3) make it faster
    4) make it weigh less

Not sure if any of that is true or possible, but that's my intuition. That's also one reason I liked some of the Foleo's concept.

I don't plan on running Windows anything on it. It runs a modified version of Xandros Linux and if you really wanted to you could install Ubuntu. Comes with 512 MB of ram and 4 GB's of storage (upgradeable to 8 or 16GBs).
    And here is a good video of demoing the Asus.

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

Goodbye Palm. ASUS looks to be so far ahead of Palm. Who would choose the Palm over the Asus?
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Goodbye Palm. ASUS looks to be so far ahead of Palm. Who would choose the Palm over the Asus?
    Looks decent - I hope they add BT to it and offer a color other than white!

I'm all over that, when it hits the street, and like mentioned earlier, I really hope there will be more color options...

Thanks! Just proves again what I was saying, Foleo is very underwhelming for the price.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    512MB is the absolute basic memory they install on laptops. 1GB and up is preferred but doesn't Linux require less power? Windows is the one that's power hungry, from what I understand.

But we'll see what brand of processor it will have, that COULD be a factor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast