1.    #1  
    for testing to prospective developers and sites like TC?
    That would be a good idea. I wish they would send one to me :-)
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    Why doesn't Palm give some Foleo's out?
    Added embarrassment when people actually get their hands on it?
    You keep forgeting its only for CEOs and executives, not the lowly normal users that perused TC... unless you are an exec of course...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    for testing to prospective developers and sites like TC?
    How do you know they haven't, under an NDA that expires when the device launches?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    You keep forgeting its only for CEOs and executives, not the lowly normal users that perused TC... unless you are an exec of course...
    There seems to be a decent number of execs here. But their own website ad(click for the Flash pop-up) implies it's for everyone who has a smart mobile device. Obviously the Treo is supported first, but they claim support for other phones in the future. But anyone who has a Treo and the cash could use this if they wanted to. Obviously it's useless if you don't answer lots of email through your device though. The ad focused a lot on email and attachments.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/mobilecompanion/foleo/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    yes. you are so right phone diva. your implying that me and you should start emailing each other. a lot. right?

everyone likes to have a diary of some kind. musicians keep a diary of music. housewives keep recipes. artists archive. collectors keep notes. everyone has one. excluding web access (and it doesn't support flash and god knows what else) and email. why are they marketing something as basiccly. a diary. instead of a research machine for learning. or something with fortune 500 quality security. or a bun exercise machine. oh home shopping network. yeah work it.

anyway if it turns out to be more it will be interesting. I'd LOVE to see a gps software for this. gps on a 10 inch screen? but that seems unlikely. that's gonna make gps software very expensive if they can't put it onto a dvd and have to design it for sd cards. maybe it will be worth it. and how will people run 2 programs at once if the memory is full? cf card? and a high capacity sd? the bill is starting to add up.... it has a lot of potential but palm we are customers. not investors. maybe they are just being tight lipped.

this should be the marketing scheme-guys it will get you laid. and girls- this is vital to security success and not needing a man. its the circle of life.
    $600 is high enough! They should have given us adequate memory built-in. Doesn't support Flash? Not fully web accessible then! You can't get to many websites unless Flash is installed!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    yeah not many cool sites out there with no flash. macromedia is easy to develop for, too. its like making a slideshow. this device should not only support flash but have flash developer tools bundled.

and anti virus software ? there has to be more to this. you can't have even the bare little they claim and not have security.
    this would be the first computer in like what 15 years to not come bundled with 500 bucks worth of software?

palm is either up to something or high on something.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Palm could have already sent out preproduction units for evaluation by the enthusiast sites/tech media. However, there's probably a press embargo whereby reviewers agree not to publish their articles until Palm gives the go-ahead. That's why folks like Walt Mossberg, ZDNet, and the like are able to publish feature articles about a particular product the day it's released. Palm has merely pre-announced the Foleo -- just as Apple has with the iPhone. You'll see a flurry of iPhone reviews on June 29th just as you'll see lots of Foleo reviews the day it's released later this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    Palm could have already sent out preproduction units for evaluation by the enthusiast sites/tech media. However, there's probably a press embargo whereby reviewers agree not to publish their articles until Palm gives the go-ahead. That's why folks like Walt Mossberg, ZDNet, and the like are able to publish feature articles about a particular product the day it's released. Palm has merely pre-announced the Foleo -- just as Apple has with the iPhone. You'll see a flurry of iPhone reviews on June 29th just as you'll see lots of Foleo reviews the day it's released later this summer.
    Speaking of Mossberg, did you see how UNDERWHELMED he was at his conference when Hawkins was hawking the Foleo?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    well I CERTAINLY wouldn't want the press to ruin the excitement..

the sales slogan for foleo should be
    'there is a sucker born every minute'
    Last edited by mattlaughs; 06/11/2007 at 11:57 AM.
    Is it just me or did I miss the announcement on business news. No hype for this, if so! But it is possible I missed the announcment they always give to new tech stuff on the business news.

the key word here is new.