Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    As someone who travels overseas, the Foleo does ALMOST enough for most trips. What I don't see is a way to stay in touch when I get back to my hotel room, if it doesn't have Wi-fi (and many don't).

    I don't want to roam on a data plan, and the lobby is the last place I want to be. Lugging my own wireless router won't be much fun either!
  2. #2  
    No network port. You'd need a USB ethernet adapter. But Palm has to write a driver to make it work on the Foleo. No guarantee that'll ever happen.
  3. #3  
    Well, since the OS is Linux based, a driver already existing is a possibility. Just have to go through the process to get it installed which may not be straight forward.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    No network port. You'd need a USB ethernet adapter. But Palm has to write a driver to make it work on the Foleo. No guarantee that'll ever happen.
    Wow, the Foleo board is so negative. Let's be optimistic -- perhaps Palm is going to include a USB ethernet adapter driver in ROM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Wow, the Foleo board is so negative. Let's be optimistic -- perhaps Palm is going to include a USB ethernet adapter driver in ROM.
    Ha ha ha.

    Surur
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Wow, the Foleo board is so negative. Let's be optimistic -- perhaps Palm is going to include a USB ethernet adapter driver in ROM.
    As opposed to a $10.00 ethernet adapter? Clever Palm!
  7. #7  
    Or you can buy one of those mini wifi travel routers designed specifically for hotels that offer wired Internet only.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Or you can buy one of those mini wifi travel routers designed specifically for hotels that offer wired Internet only.
    Good idea!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Or you can buy one of those mini wifi travel routers designed specifically for hotels that offer wired Internet only.
    Remember the target market: executives who want things simple, and want less to carry around. I happen to also be a techie who won't find it difficult, but I can tell you that the other non-tech executives don't want to be bothered with "yet another thing to pack".

    In any case, won't you still need drivers for any USB-based device to work on the Foleo?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbaynes View Post
    Remember the target market: executives who want things simple, and want less to carry around. I happen to also be a techie who won't find it difficult, but I can tell you that the other non-tech executives don't want to be bothered with "yet another thing to pack".
    Yeah. That is true. I am sure, though, that at that point, the exec would have an internet connection through his Treo, and this need would probably not exist. That his up to his/her company to determine, though.

    In any case, won't you still need drivers for any USB-based device to work on the Foleo?
    Yes. Was this question for me?
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.

Posting Permissions