Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    Nice but what do I do with it if I am not in a wifi hotspot and want to access the internet?
    Buy a 5 bt doggle and use your phone?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    A number of those devices seem to be coming to market at the same time, I hope they are wearing their brown trousers at Palm at the moment...

"their product has what?"

"It's how much cheaper??"
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    "The user interface offers a simplified novice mode, for new computer users, as well as a more traditional desktop mode."

And that statement from the article linked a few posts prior kills some claims here that a Foleo would be useful to old people. THIS will be what you get someone who has never used a computer before. Plug it in and your done.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams View Post
    "The user interface offers a simplified novice mode, for new computer users, as well as a more traditional desktop mode."

And that statement from the article linked a few posts prior kills some claims here that a Foleo would be useful to old people. THIS will be what you get someone who has never used a computer before. Plug it in and your done.
    7" monitor and small keyboard? No, not for old people.

For old people, I'd recommend a Mac.
    Competition for the foleo? Now thats funny. As if anything has to compete with the foleo...ROTFLMAO!!!
  6.    #26  
    More on it. Possible built in 3G. http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/06/e...us-eee-pc-701/
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Check out the pictures on that link. They even managed to get the Asus logo the right direction so it's not upside-down when in use!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Nice but what do I do with it if I am not in a wifi hotspot and want to access the internet?
    Thats a huge point for the folio... 99% of the people out there aren't technical enough to get tethering to work, if even the provider will allow it.
  9.    #29  
    and this is got a webcam something the foleo should have at its price range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Thats a huge point for the folio... 99% of the people out there aren't technical enough to get tethering to work, if even the provider will allow it.
    The Asus EEE PC 701 has WIFI built in.

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=7317
    Dont they now have usb newtwork cards that let you connect to EVDO and EDGE networks?
    For an extra $75 a month, which has nothing to do your cell bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    The Asus EEE PC 701 has WIFI built in.

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=7317
    Your response made no sense, we aren't talking about wifi, we are talking about when you CAN NOT receive a wifi signal.
    and this is got a webcam something the foleo should have at its price range.
    the foleo is an accessory to the smartphone, and the phone has a camera... no need.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    the foleo is an accessory to the smartphone, and the phone has a camera... no need.
    How is that suppose to work? you type with one hand and hold the phone to your face with the other? is there enough bandwidth over bluetooth to stream the image?
    Your response made no sense, we aren't talking about wifi, we are talking about when you CAN NOT receive a wifi signal.
    First of all, you can install Windows XP on the EEE PC. For me I would use my Blackberry Pearl.

http://mobilewirelessnews.com/2006/1...se-as-a-modem/

Secondly the places that people will go with these things probably have WIFI, (coffee shops, book stores, panera bread, etc) or ethernet jacks and phoneline jacks (Hotels).
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    How is that suppose to work? you type with one hand and hold the phone to your face with the other? is there enough bandwidth over bluetooth to stream the image?
    If you are gonna do that, than just use the phone..

The foleo accessory is just for large screen/keyboard needs. The smartphone is still where all the guts are.
    First of all, you can install Windows XP on the EEE PC. For me I would use my Blackberry Pearl.

http://mobilewirelessnews.com/2006/1...se-as-a-modem/

Secondly the places that people will go with these things probably have WIFI, (coffee shops, book stores, panera bread, etc) or ethernet jacks and phoneline jacks (Hotels).
    Most places I go want to charge me 10 bucks to connect, which is lame since I have a connection already in my cellphone. tethering works, but its a pain, it often screws up your phone, and 99% of users will never do it.
    If you are gonna do that, than just use the phone..

The foleo accessory is just for large screen/keyboard needs. The smartphone is still where all the guts are.
    So you're paying 600 dollars for a 10" screen and keyboard?
    So you're paying 600 dollars for a 10" screen and keyboard?
    $500, 5 hour battery life, and "velvety" feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    $500, 5 hour battery life, and "velvety" feel.
    600 dollars with 100 dollar MIB.
    5 hours is nice, I guess.
    Who cares?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast