Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/breaking/...ler-265892.php

It has plugin modules. One of the modules is a 3g Phone option. This I may buy.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Looks like a sony....not sure I like the max ram and cpu specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/breaking/...ler-265892.php

It has plugin modules. One of the modules is a 3g Phone option. This I may buy.
    Intriguing - looks functional and expandable too. Seems insulting to have a post about it in the Foleo section!
    Again, Palm to the rescue, just a day late and a dollar short. Cramped specs or not, how does that compare to 256mb memory; 312 mhz processor and no hard drive?

That's what I thought...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Or it could have been these units. All these unit look much more of what the Foleo will need to compete with when it comes out. The Foleo falls dead last to all these units.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/05/a...y-with-a-bang/
    This one really kills the Foleo if it is only $200.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pocket-br...ing-266008.php

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/05/a...c-at-computex/
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If that goes for $200 - the foleo WILL be dead on arrival!
    MAX 4.5 hours of battery life? In laptop world thats MOST 2 hours. Backlight off, on standby the whole time. No thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    If that goes for $200 - the foleo WILL be dead on arrival!
    I agree and at $200 this will be a no brainer
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
  9. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Man, that kinda validates palm's vision. At the same time it seems to, i dunno, go beyond it?
    I think what you guys (and most people on TreoCentral and other enthusiast sites) fail to realize is that you are NOT the target audience for the Foleo. As much as that might pain you, ya gotta know that's the reality. Here's what I mean:

The target audience for the Foleo is NOT the tech geek, the techno, the digirati - and I know who you are because I am one of you. The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo - someone who just wants the very basics, and who wants it fast and simple. Now - will Foleo deliver that? Remains to be seen, but just keep in mind that we on this forum and this website aren't the ones Palm is going after.

(whether they should be or not, is another matter altogether, but that's not the point of my post).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo - someone who just wants the very basics, and who wants it fast and simple.
    I think we are quite capable of putting ourselves in the shoes of others, and I can imagine that this businessman would be able to expense a more expensive laptop, and would not want his customers to laugh at him when he pulls out his Foleo to do a presentation.

Surur
    laugh away - we'll see what happens in the end. Maybe a failure, maybe not.

No one on this forum knows everything about everything - that much is true.
    laugh away - we'll see what happens in the end.
    MUUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

No one on this forum knows everything about everything - that much is true.
    You've obviously never met me...I've been spreading the answer to the future all over this forum. I *do* know everything!
    I think what you guys (and most people on TreoCentral and other enthusiast sites) fail to realize is that you are NOT the target audience for the Foleo. As much as that might pain you, ya gotta know that's the reality. Here's what I mean:

The target audience for the Foleo is NOT the tech geek, the techno, the digirati - and I know who you are because I am one of you. The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo - someone who just wants the very basics, and who wants it fast and simple. Now - will Foleo deliver that? Remains to be seen, but just keep in mind that we on this forum and this website aren't the ones Palm is going after.

(whether they should be or not, is another matter altogether, but that's not the point of my post).
    But if he sees that $200 device vs. $500-$600 for almost the same features(maybe even more), then what?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But if he sees that $200 device vs. $500-$600 for almost the same features(maybe even more), then what?
    That's the kick - you already can get MORE for the same or LESS (If you can live with larger form factor); and with announcements in the last few days, will soon (probably as soon as any Fooly-oh hits the market) be able to get more for less, some in a comparable form factor, Then what? Hope Palm doesn't have a warehouse with 500k of these sitting somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    That's the kick - you already can get MORE for the same or LESS (If you can live with larger form factor); and with announcements in the last few days, will soon (probably as soon as any Fooly-oh hits the market) be able to get more for less, some in a comparable form factor, Then what? Hope Palm doesn't have a warehouse with 500k of these sitting somewhere.
    Remember the landfills with nothing but crappy old Atari games in them? Yeah that's what this is gonna look like.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    Then what? Hope Palm doesn't have a warehouse with 500k of these sitting somewhere.
    Poor Bono - I wonder what sort of snake oil he and his Elevation brethren were offered when they started this deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Remember the landfills with nothing but crappy old Atari games in them? Yeah that's what this is gonna look like.
    Nahhhhhhh...some guy with a 97.7% eBay rating will be offloading them with a Buy It Now Price of $199 come New Years 2008...
    The days of the technologically clueless executive is gone. I am 52 and have therefore been using technology for 27 years. I am not a technical person. I have a Treo 750v (as well as an iPod Nano etc) If I am travelling, yes I want Internet and Email and an Office Suite of some sort, and I want to be able to connect to Home Office Apps. I dont want to have 2 devices, one my regular laptop and one my Foleo

The target audience for the Foleo is NOT the tech geek, the techno, the digirati - and I know who you are because I am one of you. The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo -
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo -
    that's quite a touching description, and if worked up into a full-fledged piece, say as:

"Death of a Foleo Salesman"

or

"The Chump who Bought a Foleo"

could project the marque to iconic status.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast