Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    The days of the technologically clueless executive is gone. I am 52 and have therefore been using technology for 27 years. I am not a technical person. I have a Treo 750v (as well as an iPod Nano etc) If I am travelling, yes I want Internet and Email and an Office Suite of some sort, and I want to be able to connect to Home Office Apps. I dont want to have 2 devices, one my regular laptop and one my Foleo

The target audience for the Foleo is NOT the tech geek, the techno, the digirati - and I know who you are because I am one of you. The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo -

Most of the execs at that level will already have a $2000 laptop that the company paid for.... normally, the IT department will need to get "x" number of laptops for the discount and will want everyone on the same equipment. So unless they move everyone to foleo, I don't see many business men or women moving over to the device.

Now, I could see my cousin using something as simple as this... then again, he would get pissed once his stock software that he uses would not work properly.

Cool device if it ran windows... but it seems that a couple of "cheap" devices are going that route so palm has "heated" up the market for small & cheap linux laptops....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    The days of the technologically clueless executive is gone. I am 52 and have therefore been using technology for 27 years. I am not a technical person. I have a Treo 750v (as well as an iPod Nano etc) If I am travelling, yes I want Internet and Email and an Office Suite of some sort, and I want to be able to connect to Home Office Apps. I dont want to have 2 devices, one my regular laptop and one my Foleo

The target audience for the Foleo is NOT the tech geek, the techno, the digirati - and I know who you are because I am one of you. The person who will use the Foleo is the generic travelling businessman who has a Blackberry or other similar advanced device, and who feels compelled to lug his laptop around to more quickly check email in his Hampton Inn at night, and maybe do a little light surfing while sitting in his boxers. That person, sad as he may be, is the audience for the Foleo -
    Great post!
    Just a point. The person who originally made that "simple business man" comment was actually JohnnyMac, not naftalim. I think he was just quoting Johnny.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Asus ultramobile laptop vs Palm Foleo?

Asus wins round one of course!

The thing is though this all depends one what your perspective is and what kind of smartphone your carrying around. Remember the smartphone according to Palm is supposed to KILL laptops (even small ones like this) so ymmv...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Most of the execs at that level will already have a $2000 laptop that the company paid for.... normally, the IT department will need to get "x" number of laptops for the discount and will want everyone on the same equipment. ....
    And what do you think the IT department is going to have to say about the folio? What do you think they are going to want to take support calls on? Something simple or a full blown laptop?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12