1.    #1  
    This thing is a TOA - Turd On Arrival.

I can't believe this is what they invest millions upon millions in..what a waste.

Someone tell me how this helps?

In 2 years we will have SSD hard drives, built-in evdo rev b/hspda, and be as thin as a Sony X505.

All I wanted was Cobalt on a Treo, and you wouldn't give it to me! (in my best Suicidal Tendencies voice)
    Yeah, but mike, its a beautiful turd....

No, I'm with you on this. Its a flop.
    I just can't believe this product. Nobody is going to give up a laptop for this. And nobody is going to carry this and a laptop. It's too big for the normal cellphone user. I just don't get it. No companies will adopt this. An exec might want it, but companies of any size what you to install their apps for various reasons. Can't do that with this.

They could have re-introduced the Palm III and it would have made more sense to me than this thing.

Oh well, less than a month till the iPhone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I just can't believe this product. Nobody is going to give up a laptop for this. And nobody is going to carry this and a laptop. It's too big for the normal cellphone user. I just don't get it. No companies will adopt this. An exec might want it, but companies of any size what you to install their apps for various reasons. Can't do that with this.

They could have re-introduced the Palm III and it would have made more sense to me than this thing.

Oh well, less than a month till the iPhone.
    If the iphone were so great, how come it didn't have 3G connectivity? It is nothing but a glorified HTC Dash that is one year late.
    palm is a sinking ship

the fooleo looks like some last ditch effort or attempt to generate some marginal revenue

pretty weak, palm....just like your "more slim and light 680"

ok, maybe i'm being a bit harsh......a $325mm infusion should help in the short term
    Last edited by oalvarez; 06/04/2007 at 09:11 PM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I`d really like to know how near insignificant differences in smartphone form factor coupled with a laptop wannabe cost millions upon millions of dollars in research and development over the past few years?

Hiring linux engineers couldn`t have been so expensive. What could palm possibly have spent all that cash on? No wonder a private equity firm stepped in. After the farleo, they had to have realized it was HIGH time for some severe housecleaning at palm. I would think they are going to strip them down to the essentials and carry out some veritable beat downs internally until Palm can be considered a legitimate competitor with the big boys again.

Hopefully that is what will happen, and by Zeus, it is about... damn.. time
    I wasn't commenting on the iPhone, but the Foleo.

And if you think it's a Dash then you obviously know nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    If the iphone were so great, how come it didn't have 3G connectivity? It is nothing but a glorified HTC Dash that is one year late.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I agree! The iPhone is in no way a Dash, not even close!!

Anyway, the Foleo is not a turd IMO, but it's a bit of a dinosaur with it's limited features. They treat this just like the Treos, just enough to function in the modern world, nothing more. No real innovation. They could have "pimped" this thing out with features!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I agree! The iPhone is in no way a Dash, not even close!!

Anyway, the Foleo is not a turd IMO, but it's a bit of a dinosaur with it's limited features. They treat this just like the Treos, just enough to function in the modern world, nothing more. No real innovation. They could have "pimped" this thing out with features!
    Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda...

This is Palm we're talking about. They've come to the realization that their fans demand mediocrity. You've been around here long enough. Everytime there's a new incremental upgrade of a phone, people here wet themselves.

They've realized that purely non functional features such as removing the antenna stub and painting it "Arctic" will have their fan base drooling and clamoring to get hold of one.

Why would the Great Bungfoleo be any different?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    They've realized that purely non functional features such as removing the antenna stub and painting it "Arctic" will have their fan base drooling and clamoring to get hold of one.
    Hey, don't forget the smaller battery and the curvier back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda...

This is Palm we're talking about. They've come to the realization that their fans demand mediocrity. You've been around here long enough. Everytime there's a new incremental upgrade of a phone, people here wet themselves.

Why would the Great Bungfoleo be any different?
    Not me. Unless the 755w/800w or whatever is going to have something significant(WM6, BT 2.0, 2MP camera, etc.), the 750 is my last Treo for the duration.

I've even stooped to using BB. Even RIM can come out with products that are TRUE upgrades over the old! And Treo lovers laugh at RIM, but even RIM can see they need to step up the features to get more people interested. BB used to=BORING, but now almost everyone and their momma has a Pearl here, if they don't have a RAZR. Although there are Palm and WM device sightings still, the Pearl is now a phone of the common cell phone buyer. I have not seen a 680 yet(except one business user). 680 was supposed to do for Palm what the Pearl did for BB.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    680 was supposed to do for Palm what the Pearl did for BB.
    Haha. You are making that part up, arnt you

I was listening to the Engadget Podcast, and they said Hawkins should go. They felt he was too in love with his own design and its perfection, that he could not see why anyone would want anything else, hence the slow rate of change in the Treo.

Surur
    Not me. Unless the 755w/800w or whatever is going to have something significant(WM6, BT 2.0, 2MP camera, etc.), the 750 is my last Treo for the duration.

I've even stooped to using BB. Even RIM can come out with products that are TRUE upgrades over the old! And Treo lovers laugh at RIM, but even RIM can see they need to step up the features to get more people interested. BB used to=BORING, but now almost everyone and their momma has a Pearl here, if they don't have a RAZR. Although there are Palm and WM device sightings still, the Pearl is now a phone of the common cell phone buyer. I have not seen a 680 yet(except one business user). 680 was supposed to do for Palm what the Pearl did for BB.
    I wasn't worried about you. Not only are you one of the few, maybe the only female I know that breaks that "girls don't get gadgets..." stereotype, you'd put most guys to shame (despite the Zune debacle...) I knew you'd see Palm for what they are.

I'm with you on the new BB's. I'm kinda eyeing the 8830 on Sprint myself.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Don't laugh at the Zune too much except for the design(yeah it still kinda sucks). I was able to get my favorite radio stations today. No such thing yet on the iPod, without a $55 or more adapter FM tuner.

Back on topic. Those 8830s are some decent insight from RIM! Worldwide usage so you only need one PDA phone and don't have to change to a GSM carrier if you don't want to! Just use GSM when needed. That could solve a lot of CDMA travelers' problems with devices! Not too much thinking out of the box from Palm though!

I do hope RIM has fixed it's patent problems for good though! I saw another thread about Qualcomm, talk about harsh judgement!!

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Haha. You are making that part up, arnt you

I was listening to the Engadget Podcast, and they said Hawkins should go. They felt he was too in love with his own design and its perfection, that he could not see why anyone would want anything else, hence the slow rate of change in the Treo.

Surur
    I'm sure Palm did say they wanted to use the 680 to reach out to non-smartphone buyers. Too bad the Pearl beat them to it somehow(probably the size and "cuteness"). It's got problems too(read Pinstack.com) but still WAY more everyday users from what I see. In fact I cannot look at any Treo without thinking "business user". But a father and son had Pearls walking down the street the other day! And the son didn't look like a business user! He looked like a high schooler to me. He could have been a college student though, just looked younger. But the Pearl is a fashion statement now, somehow.

and what had i been saying about the Blackberry devices, namely the Pearl?

shure enough
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve