Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Once paired the treo and foleo will act as one. You connect through the phone and the carrier would never know the difference. No DUN setup, or anything.

It is for this reason (I feel) that the slower processor was chosen as not to encourage us to look at things like youtube. This inhales bandwidth, and it would be a real wrench in the works for carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Once paired the treo and foleo will act as one. You connect through the phone and the carrier would never know the difference. No DUN setup, or anything.

It is for this reason (I feel) that the slower processor was chosen as not to encourage us to look at things like youtube. This inhales bandwidth, and it would be a real wrench in the works for carriers.
    Uh, where do you get this information? According to the fine print on all the carrier's contracts, in order to use the phone's connection for another device you need a DUN plan. The terms of service for your phone's data plan is only for data on the phone. What you infer is a nice idea but the only way for other devices (whether it's another phone, a laptop, or a a Foleo) to connect to a phone's internet via bluetooth is with the DUN profile, and the phones and/or carriers are designed to identify that kind of usage and require an additional service charge. For instance it can be done with a Treo 700p but in order for the phone to not flag Sprint of Verizon as being used for DUN you need to install an illegal hack. For Palm to create something that disables that functionality - like theog stated they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. No wireless carrier would ever buy their products again.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Uh, where do you get this information? According to the fine print on all the carrier's contracts, in order to use the phone's connection for another device you need a DUN plan. The terms of service for your phone's data plan is only for data on the phone. What you infer is a nice idea but the only way for other devices (whether it's another phone, a laptop, or a a Foleo) to connect to a phone's internet via bluetooth is with the DUN profile, and the phones and/or carriers are designed to identify that kind of usage and require an additional service charge. For instance it can be done with a Treo 700p but in order for the phone to not flag Sprint of Verizon as being used for DUN you need to install an illegal hack. For Palm to create something that disables that functionality - like theog stated they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. No wireless carrier would ever buy their products again.
    This is true, but you can only email, and surf the web with the thing... The usage wouldn't be much more than just the regular Treo. I feel this was by design.
    Right, it's not like you're going to be using crazy amounts of bandwidth, but just the functionality alone for using bluetooth DUN costs $40/month with sprint. Doesn't matter how much you use it.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12