View Poll Results: Your Status As A Palm Fan...

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!! I would pay $1000 for a piece of Hawkins poo, and tell you all how great this will be!

3 11.54%
  • I was a fanboy, but I'll never buy another Palm product (until the next incremental device.)

10 38.46%
  • I was a fanboy, but it really is over for me...

7 26.92%
  • Palm? Are they still in business?

6 23.08%
  1.    #1  
    Now that it's been a few days since the Foleo debacle was foisted upon you, where do you stand with Palm?

And be honest because in reading these many Foleo threads, I know there's at least two or three of you that fall into the first category...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Poll doesn't work.

I wont get one at least not this version. However I do see a uselfulness for some if not many.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Poll doesn't work.

I wont get one at least not this version. However I do see a uselfulness for some if not many.
    Poll works fine. You just suck at teh internets!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    They let you vote twice if you start the poll??
  5.    #5  
    Who's to say I even voted??

They let you vote twice if you start the poll??
    No, it does not allow you to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Who's to say I even voted??
    just a hunch...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    No, it does not allow you to do that.
    Thanks!

I do kneed to werk at teh internets!
    Sorry I stop being a fanboy after the leaked photo of the Treo 700w.
    My enthusiasm for palm halted promptly when the 680 and the 700 series were belched out.. The gusto for this company is history. Its a qualified game over.
  11.    #11  
    Belched is a good word for Palm, and specifically the Treo. So is regurgitate. Defecate is probably most apt though. Same ol' poo. But sometimes theres some corn in it, so they call it an upgrade...

c for me
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Are they still in business?
    I predict this thread will get ugly...try to be nice MonkeyMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Belched is a good word for Palm, and specifically the Treo. So is regurgitate. Defecate is probably most apt though. Same ol' poo. But sometimes theres some corn in it, so they call it an upgrade...
    The palm corn dookie is rumored to "replace" the 700wx for verizon next year. Im going to send a request to EC insisting that he changes the name from palm to either backhand or donkeypunch. Im also drawing them up a logo design for them to switch to.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Thanks!

I do kneed to werk at teh internets!
    ROTFLMAO
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I like the poll responses, but they are too extreme for me to vote.

I need something middle of the road.

"I was a fanboy, I still am a fanboy, but Palm is treading in deep waters." (as is any business that takes risks to develop new ideas).

I like where the Foleo maybe going. I already have some ideas for software, especially relating to Universe.

Am I disappointed? yes. Am I going to sit in the corner and pound my fists? No.

After being initially excited, then disappointed (the "New Gadget" effect wore off), I must say, I am a bit more excited now.

I think the Foleo has struck the same chord that the iPhone struck. There is still much to be desired. I am confident that there will be many software developers that will come up with something that will make the Foleo worth it for some folks.

But also realize, the Foleo is targeted for a specific audience. It would appear that the community has the same reaction to the Foleo that my brother had to the iPod Nano. "It's stupid!! Who would ever buy that!!" (the response, I would). He is a music junkie with Gigs more music than I will ever have. As it has been said, the Foloe is target to people who may not need a laptop at a given moment, but the Treo may not be sufficient.

I actually look forward to developing some software for it.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Please wait till you finish universe