Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Treo owners, if the Foleo were a TX or Lifedrive and would pair & sync with your Treo would you buy it?

It is assumed that the companion TX or Lifedrive would:-
    -Be identical in price & size as the current one
    -Be able to run all Palm Os third party & built in apps. (Running Garnet or Linux with Palm emulator)

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Treo owners, if the Foleo were a TX or Lifedrive and would pair & sync with your Treo would you buy it?

It is assumed that the companion TX or Lifedrive would:-
    -Be identical in price & size as the current one
    -Be able to run all Palm Os third party & built in apps. (Running Garnet or Linux with Palm emulator)

John
    So, just a LifeDrive that could sync with a Treo? In the LifeDrive's form factor?

Hell no. that wouldn't make any sense at all.

What I'd like to see is a LifeDrive with a keyboard. I'd buy two of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    If I didn't already own a LifeDrive, yes I would. (I'd hope that I could add the functionality to my existion LD.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    If I didn't already own a LifeDrive, yes I would. (I'd hope that I could add the functionality to my existion LD.
    The Lifedrive & TX offer a good compromise between big screen & pocketability.
    I would get a TX that synches with my Treo 680 if they existed

John
    People would complain that it is the same ole thing
    From the sounds of people at TC and a few other places, the only way a Foleo device would get a solid look is if it were the HTC Kaiser in look and function (except cellular, because it would then be called a Treo).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    If it has the LifeDrive form factor and it's a clam shell or comes with a slider keyboard, I would consider buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    People would complain that it is the same ole thing
    From the sounds of people at TC and a few other places, the only way a Foleo device would get a solid look is if it were the HTC Kaiser in look and function (except cellular, because it would then be called a Treo).
    There is a few things wrong with the Foleo. One is that it does not appeal to current Treo owners, two is that its overambitious in trying to replace laptops, and three is that the value for money is poor. The last two reasons are obvious even to non-TC users.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete View Post
    If it has the LifeDrive form factor and it's a clam shell or comes with a slider keyboard, I would consider buying.
    Kind of like a ppc 6700?

Surur
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Kind of like a ppc 6700?

Surur
    I was trying to answer the OP with respect to LifeDrive. Ideally, I would like it in a Shift or UX form factor with the price around $600.
    There is a few things wrong with the Foleo. One is that it does not appeal to current Treo owners, two is that its overambitious in trying to replace laptops, and three is that the value for money is poor. The last two reasons are obvious even to non-TC users.
    Aww come on Surur, you mean compairing the Foleo to a PDA isn't right (sarcasim)
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.